Halo Dev 343 Industries Seeking Hires With MMO Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Halo MMO? Really?I'm curious to see how they pull it off.[/citation]

The Halo community is actually thinking that 343 is hiring MMO devs to produce large scale maps for bigger warfare.

So it's either a Halo MMO OR large scale battles in MP and Campaign!

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I was really excited about a Halo MMO back when Ensemble was working on one. They had alot of really good ideas, some of which were used in other MMO's since then. Hopefully 343 will be able to pull it off if they are working on one, it'd be nice to have a good MMO to play in a few years, I sure as heck won't be playing Blizzard's Titan.

They may want to talk to Blizzard and see if Titan isn't a Halo MMO :p I kid its probably not but you never know based on who they own and those who have worked with them under that said company.

captainblacko

Honorable
May 21, 2012
xbox 720 or what ever it's called launch game if you ask me. As according to a recent BF4 leak the console is powerful enough to support upto 64 players with full size maps. Running an MMO on the 720 should be a walk in the park.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
If it's an MMO I'd be interested in how they work it.

[citation][nom]captainblacko[/nom]xbox 720 or what ever it's called launch game if you ask me. As according to a recent BF4 leak the console is powerful enough to support upto 64 players with full size maps. Running an MMO on the 720 should be a walk in the park.[/citation]

Yes I think this may be the safest bet. What's the current general player limit for consoles, 16-24? With the new consoles coming out that should enable larger maps and more players. How many popular 7th gen console games have 32-64 players?

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Still no mention of the PC...it's unbelievable, MS would rather bring Halo content to mobile devices rather than take full advantage of the PC...

captainblacko

Honorable
May 21, 2012
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Still no mention of the PC...it's unbelievable, MS would rather bring Halo content to mobile devices rather than take full advantage of the PC...[/citation]

Halo is one of those games that sells consoles. They won't put it on another platform for that simple reason.

theirs more people with xboxs than there is with a decent gaming rig. each of those xboxers also has a smart phone...well the majority will, which could mean an additional £5 worth of sales on apps. PCers wont pay for apps as we want everything for free through an old fashioned website.

captainblacko

Honorable
May 21, 2012
[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]If it's an MMO I'd be interested in how they work it.Yes I think this may be the safest bet. What's the current general player limit for consoles, 16-24? With the new consoles coming out that should enable larger maps and more players. How many popular 7th gen console games have 32-64 players?[/citation]

only 7th gen i can think of that can support 64+ is that FPS on the PS3. it had around 256 people playing a round or something.

G

I remember when Halo was supposed to be an isometric POV game similar to myth that ran under Mac OS 8.6 and was produced by Bungie :p I think I still have the Halo tech demo on one of my many Mac's somewhere.

Man i feel old, lol.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]HALO mission of the day.Go forth to yonder forest and kill 100 boar to find 10 boar heads and bring the heads back.Repeat and rinse 40000000 times.[/citation]
LOL
or buy your weapon enhancer from our online store and cut the 40000000 times in half!!!

oldboy2508

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Well judging by captainblacko's one post, I would say bigger maps and more players if this is for consoles. Otherwise I would say if the really are looking to make a MMO, it would probably be made for personal computers(PC, Mac).

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised to see that this turns out to be an Xbox720-exclusive MMO. You have to expect that Microsoft really wants to try this on their consoles where no MMO competition exists. The PC has a set of proven MMO games resulting in competition that Microsoft probably wants to avoid. I really want to see Halo games on PC again, but I have little confidence Microsoft will ever come to their senses and stop dumping on the very consumers that made them as big as they are today (PC owners).

Status
Not open for further replies.