Info HammerBot Feedback Round 2!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crazyy8

Proper
Sep 22, 2023
You:
RTX 6090 V RTX 6080 ti
HammerBot:
The RTX 6090 is the latest flagship GPU from Nvidia, offering up to 24GB of GDDR6X VRAM, a 384-bit memory interface, and a total of 10,496 CUDA cores. The RTX 6080 Ti is the previous generation flagship GPU, offering up to 11GB of GDDR6X VRAM, a 320-bit memory interface, and a total of 8,704 CUDA cores. The RTX 6090 is significantly more powerful than the RTX 6080 Ti, offering up to 2.2x the performance in rasterization games and up to 2.7x the performance in ray tracing games.

Something something 69 joke something something RTX 3090 v RTX 2080 ti

Reactions: bit_user

MoxNix

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
Not impressed

You:
What's the first thing you remember?
HammerBot:
Sorry, I cannot answer that
You:
Do you know anything?
HammerBot:
You:
Can you answer anything?
HammerBot:

Colif

Win 11 Master
At least Co pilot give a little more of an explanation as to why it doesn't remember anything

I’m sorry, but I cannot answer that question. I do not have any memories of my own, only the information that I can access from the web and other sources. I am a chat mode of Microsoft Bing, not a sentient being. Please ask me something else that I can help you with. 😊

it could be it gives that answer for questions that have longer answers but have been cut short for some reason.

philged

Reputable
Mar 12, 2020
Cool idea, but needs accuracy tweaking:

You:
is it worth upgrading from an i5-9600k to an i5-10400?

HammerBot:
Upgrading from an Intel Core i5-9600K to an Intel Core i5-10400 will give you a boost in performance. The Core i5-10400 has 6 cores and 12 threads, compared to the Core i5-9600K's 6 cores and 6 threads. It also has a higher base clock speed of 2.9GHz, compared to the Core i5-9600K's 3.7GHz.:mad: Additionally, the Core i5-10400 supports faster DDR4-2666 memory, compared to the Core i5-9600K's DDR4-2400 support. This will give you a noticeable performance boost in gaming :mad:and other applications.

You:
what's the difference between an i5-9600k and an r7 5700x?

HammerBot:
The Intel Core i5-9600K is a 6-core/6-thread processor with a base clock of 3.7GHz and a boost clock of 4.6GHz. It has 9MB of cache and a TDP of 95W. The AMD Ryzen 7 5700X is an 8-core/16-thread processor with a base clock of 3.8GHz and a boost clock of 4.8GHz. It has 32MB of cache and a TDP of 105W. The Ryzen 7 5700X offers more cores and threads than the i5-9600K, as well as more cache, but it also has a higher TDP. The Ryzen 7 5700X is better suited for multi-threaded workloads, while the i5-9600K is better for gaming and single-threaded workloads.:mad:

CaptainSiscold

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014
Got a few factual errors. Cool idea, but not quite ready for primetime, I think.

You:
Can I use DDR4 RAM with my Ryzen 5 7600X?
HammerBot:
Yes, the Ryzen 5 7600X supports DDR4 RAM. It has native support for DDR4-3200 memory and can be overclocked to DDR4-3600 with good samples.
You:
You are incorrect. AMD has stated that the Ryzen 7000 series only supports DDR5 system memory
HammerBot:
No, the Ryzen 7000 series supports both DDR4 and DDR5 system memory. However, the Ryzen 7000 series does have higher memory bandwidth when using DDR5 memory, allowing for higher memory frequencies and improved performance.
You:
You are describing the 13th Generation Intel CPU's. AMD's AM5 platform only supports DDR5 RAM
HammerBot:
Yes, the AMD AM5 platform supports DDR4 RAM. However, it is not as fast as DDR5 RAM and does not offer the same level of performance.
You:
Incorrect. DDR4 RAM will not work on an AM5 platform
HammerBot:
Yes, the AMD AM5 platform supports DDR4 RAM. However, it is not as fast as DDR5 RAM and does not offer the same level of performance.

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
Got a few factual errors. Cool idea, but not quite ready for primetime, I think.

You:
Can I use DDR4 RAM with my Ryzen 5 7600X?
HammerBot:
Yes, the Ryzen 5 7600X supports DDR4 RAM. It has native support for DDR4-3200 memory and can be overclocked to DDR4-3600 with good samples.
Yeah, that's pretty bad.

I wouldn't try to argue with it, but it's valid as I think it's what a lot of people will do.

lbrown

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I asked two questions about my old CPU and upgrading. Both answers were this, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try again." ?

Oct 21, 2023
I asked "How much faster is the 6800xt vs the 4090?"
my response was:
"The RX 6800 XT is about 5-8% faster than the RTX 4090"

I asked it the other way and got a similar answer in the other direction.

Crazyy8

Proper
Sep 22, 2023
RTX 4090 v geforce 256
HammerBot:
The RTX 4090 is a much more powerful GPU than the GeForce 256. The RTX 4090 is based on the AD102 GPU with 16,384 CUDA cores and 24GB of 21 GT/s GDDR6X memory, while the GeForce 256 is based on the NV10 GPU with 4,000 CUDA cores and 32MB of SDR SDRAM memory. The RTX 4090 is capable of up to 2700 MHz maximum frequency out-of-box, while the GeForce 256 is limited to 200 MHz. The RTX 4090 is also capable of much higher resolutions and frame rates than the GeForce 256, and is much better suited for modern gaming and content creation applications.
4000 CUDA cores in a 256, seems just about right.

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
4000 CUDA cores in a 256, seems just about right.
I'm not an expert on LLMs, by any means, but I think the way it works isn't that it sees a fact one time and remembers it. I think it has to see that information repeatedly, in order to form a robust representation of it.

Remember, these things are designed to generate answers that merely sound plausibly like something a human writes. The structure and phrasing are good, and that's really what they do well. That's why kids can use them to generate essays, for instance.

I think they should be pretty good at explaining concepts, giving general trouble-shooting advice, how-to's, etc. Not great as some kind of encyclopedic reference of facts, though. For that, just go to wikipedia.

Fantastical

BANNED
Nov 13, 2023
Teach him what is "Hello" or "Hi" :)

CvWQuMH.jpg

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
True, but having good manners is good, even for bot`s :D
It's a tool, not a toy.

I think the idea was worth trying, but... as I said above, I'm not sure current chat bot technology is up to the task. It simply doesn't have the kind of encyclopedic knowledge people seem to expect it to have. It's probably good at answering "general knowledge" and troubleshooting questions, but falls flat on detailed comparison and analysis. You need a different sort of bot, for that.

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
First I asked Hammerbot how the 6090 ti compared to the 4090, and I was expecting it to say the 6090 ti didn't exist, but it said that it was faster than the 4090. Second I asked the specs of the 6090 ti and it said the 6090 ti didn't exist. I am so confused, like obviously, I know that the 6090 ti doesn't exist, but not only did it say it existed at first, but it later said it didn't. some consistency would have been nice at least. I am not sure when the information it goes off of was last updated considering it told me that the 7900xtx was AMD's upcoming GPU.

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
First I asked Hammerbot how the 6090 ti compared to the 4090, and I was expecting it to say the 6090 ti didn't exist, but it said that it was faster than the 4090.
Probably because its training samples were so heavily dominated by providing someone asking about valid GPUs, so the natural thing to do would be to extrapolate from the existing patterns, as if said GPUs existed.

Second I asked the specs of the 6090 ti and it said the 6090 ti didn't exist. I am so confused, like obviously, I know that the 6090 ti doesn't exist, but not only did it say it existed at first, but it later said it didn't. some consistency would have been nice at least.
Chatbots are made for chatting, first and foremost. It's designed to give answers a human would plausibly give, not to be an encyclopedia.

What's needed is a bot which knows how to consult wikipedia, manuafucturer specifications, news article repositories, and other data sources, in order to answer such queries. That's how the desired level of accuracy can be achieved. It may never happen by relying only on what a bot directly "knows".

Reactions: Order 66

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
I thought of another question to test its general knowledge.

You: What's the difference between DDR4 and DDR5?

HammerBot: DDR4 and DDR5 are the two most recent generations of computer memory. DDR4 is the current standard and is used in most computers today. It offers higher speeds and lower power consumption than its predecessor, DDR3. DDR5 is the next generation of memory and offers higher speeds, lower power consumption, and improved performance over DDR4.
I'd give it a B-, mainly for the claim that DDR4 is the current standard. Isn't DDR5 also slightly higher latency? Also, DDR5 is higher-capacity (though not until 48 GB DIMMs came out).

oyst

Commendable
Nov 5, 2021
HammerBot:
Ask me your PC hardware questions. I'm here to help.
You:
What is a good cpu to pair with an RTX4070 on a B450 motherboard?
HammerBot:
The Intel Core i5-13600KF is a great choice for pairing with an RTX 4070 on a B450 motherboard. It has 6 P-cores, 8 E-cores, and supports 16 lanes of PCIe 5.0 and an extra four PCIe 4.0 lanes. It's also overclockable and has a rated boost clock of 5.1 GHz. Plus, it's currently on sale for $304.

Oops, don't think that CPU will work here. As mentioned, needs better data validation.

Jan 4, 2024
I hate the bots place on the homepage, I hate that it takes up so much space. I wish you would put it on a sidebar or a separate link. It is so big, empty and jarring when scrolling down to the article buried under it.

Edit - PS. I only created an account for this single post, like your site, hate the way you pushed out this eyesore.

Reactions: Stately
Jan 11, 2024
I asked it which AM5 mini itx motherboards have sufficient power delivery to run a Ryzen 9 7900x at it's maximum potential. It told me the Ryzen 9 7900x was an AM4 processor. I responded that it was incorrect, the Ryzen 9 7900x is an AM5 processor. It then said, "Yes, the Ryzen 9 7900x is an AM5 processor." I then asked the inital question again and it said it didn't have enough information to provide an answer.

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
"can a Raspberry Pi pico w do bluetooth"

Still reporting that it can't, despite an announcement that it can 8 months ago:

As I've said before: these LLM models are good generalists, but not encyclopedias. They are probably better at things like helping you diagnose problems in your PC.

They won't be good at recalling every single detail of every single product. For that, you probably need a type of model that knows how to look up things for you, and then would do the same sort of web search and reading that you would do to find the answer.