Hands & Eyes On Corsair’s New Commander Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get the chance, could you check the PWM frequency? The Intel spec has particular requirements for it, and some implementations ignore it, resulting in the presence of a tonal noise coming from the connected fans at lower speeds.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
This is such a slap in the face for customers.

As a customer who shelled out $$ and purchased the Commander Mini, 2 lighting strips, H80i, and a HX850i, I expected everything to connect and work together.

What I got was:
- A Commander Mini that couldn't change the fan speeds based on the temperature from the thermal probes.

- A Commander Mini that caused the LEDs to flash when ever the fans changed speeds. And according to Corsair the only fix was to set the fans to a static RPM.

- A commander Mini that was not able to connect to any future products via corsair link cable meaning all devices had to run back to the motherboard USB header

- LEDs that would reset and change to red instead of changing colours based on the temperature of the case

- Endless promises that the next version of Corsair Link would fix the problem.

This was about 3 year ago, the issues are still there, their forums are filled with complaints from customers about the hardware and corsair link no solutions in sight but here they are pushing out new products and didn't fix the old ones. im betting the new ones have that issue too.

It was so bad that the lighting strips was not released until months after the Comander Mini was released and here they are doing the same crap again. They released the Lighting node Pro and the Comander Mini Pro and did NOT give customers they opportunity to buy the lighting strips by themselves. So the only way to get the lighting strips is to buy the lighting node pro.

Its so bad that they have a user on their forum providing fixes for other users who has zero affiliation with Corsair.
For anyone here that is reading this review which is basically a paid advertisement where the review cannot say anything negative about the product or else they wont get anymore freebies. Go to Corsair forums, read the problems that actual customers that spent real money are experiencing. Read the responses or lack of responses from Corsair employees, See the nonsense and the length of time it been prolonged (they never fix the issues, they just release new products and sweep the old ones under the rug).

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?s=aedb8d84530504b73c657f2957a328d2&f=209

As someone who is tired of their crap, I rather get a new motherboard that will control the RGBs and fan speeds.

Have a nice FU Corsair!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Dang, I'd hire you if I could :D Seriously, a hands-on like this could have used that backstory. But you would have had to leave that last line out :)

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Crashman, sorry for the long rant. I know the last line was a bit overboard but when someone spends almost $300 in accessories for a computer build, they should not got through this much hassle, and I had it easy.

If it wasn't for red-ray and a few other select users on that forum who are all non corsair employees no one would be able to troubleshoot their products. For instance, a few weeks back they released an update for Corsair Link that bricked ALL Lighting Node Pros red-ray provided a fix before Corsair even acknowledged the issue.

This thread alone sums up the frustration customers have with Corsair and its mostly everything that has any Corsair Link integration. Their hardware is good but their software is beyond ridiculous. They have no idea how to write good software.

And if anyone out there find themselves purchasing a new Commander Pro, install some LED strips on it (which you cant buy unless you shell out another $60 for the LNP), install Corsair Link, set a custom fan profile, and let us know if the LEDs still randomly blink.

Dogbites

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
Thank you guys for your post and honesty. I have had problems with Corsair and there product's, customer service for a long time. I am a med level PC builder who liked Corsair products at first and swore by them for some years till I actually had a problem. Thats where the story get ugly. I don't have all the money in the world and I need things to work brand new out the box or get some help when they do not.

Its nice to see someone put it out there in a truthful up front manner. Thanks!!!!!!

Memhorder

Distinguished

You know? I can confirm this ^
Been using an H100i for a few years and preeetty much gave up on the software. At least with the newer software you don't have to dig around a delete folders to reinstall newer versions and detects all my hardware sensors, but still. I've gotten used to the Corsair Logo flickering white every so often.
Red Ray has been on Corsairs arse for years and I must give him credit, he's persistent. Seems to fall on deaf ears though.
Corsair needs to bolster their software team, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS