Hands-on Samsung Galaxy Note II: Big, But Still Pocketable

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Love it. I think it's a great idea; and it's paying off.

I have a GS2 and I'm looking at the note 2 for my next upgrade down the road.

Well done Samsung.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I usually wear dress slacks, but I pocket my Nexus 7 (Which initially blew my tiny mind when I first tried)
I used to think anything over 5" was too big to be a phone, but a couple of my co-workers have Galaxy Notes and although it looks a little weird - they seem very happy with it. If I was in the market for a phone, I'd consider the Note II.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
[citation][nom]LOBOBAST[/nom]ikyung, it's "once you go Note, you'll think 4ich's a joke[/citation]

fo shizzle

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I want a ballistic shield phone. Where the front is a bullet proof shield and the entire 4 foot back is a tablet. It should also have a spike on the front in case I have to impale someone. Razor blades on the bottom might be a nice addition to so that I can slam it down on someone's foot.

halcyon

Splendid
Yeah it is kinda neat, if you don't have a dedicated tablet this phablet could be for you and because its Samsung there's a good chance its pretty slick in use too.

The Note 2 looks great. I think it would sell even better if a bluetooth headset were bundled with it, which would basically make it the best mobile assistant. The only thing I'm hating is the VZW logo on the damn home button...

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I bought one yesterday during my T-Mobile upgrade and I must say I'm very pleased with it. It's amazingly smooth, responsive, and perfect AMOLED screen.

My reasoning for getting this was because I have big hands with long fingers and typing on my old phones (4") was atrocious. I would make so many errors. But with this phone, typing is a breeze. For anyone with big hands, you will love this.

G

I love my Note 1 but the 2 came out alot earlier than expected. Ill have to pay a arm and a leg to upgrade to it but I so want the faster specs. My Note 1 camera has alot of lag at times. 2GB of ram and a quad core cpu is just what I need with the even bigger screen. But dont like the lowered res to 720p.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Picked up the Note2 for Sprint last week and I couldnt be happier. Im a big dude so its a one handed phone for me. I work with iphone fanatics and they could not leave my phone alone. A coworker put his iphone5 up to mine and hes feelings were hurt when his whole phone fit in my screen and you still could see the screen. Quad core chews through task like butter. Phone fits in slacks pocket for work and jeans outta work. If you have the chance, pick one up!

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I have the note 2 on order with Rogers. Every store that I have stopped at has been sold out. This will be replacing my Blackberry curve and my laptop/ 3 g stick. One device to replace 3. The software that we use now has a mobile app that is fully fuctional. I haven't been this excited to get a phone ever. However, I am not retarded enough to wait in line for a phone. I have a life, a job, and a family. It will come eventually. All kickass stuff comes to those that wait (at home, not in line like a loser)

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]I want a ballistic shield phone. Where the front is a bullet proof shield and the entire 4 foot back is a tablet. It should also have a spike on the front in case I have to impale someone. Razor blades on the bottom might be a nice addition to so that I can slam it down on someone's foot.[/citation]

So you want a Dethklock phone?

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Nexus 4 FTW! only because Samsung sucks at pushing out updates....well practically every manufacture sucks at pushing out updates especially Motorola and Google owns them...WFT?

I'm only sticking to Nexus brand for now until everyone can get their shit together and release the updates faster and can guarantee at least a couple of upgrades.

abc_47

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I'm really on the fence on what to get. I really like the Galaxy Note II, but I don't want to get it right now, when there could be potentially better 1080p phones coming out soon.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]abc_47[/nom]I'm really on the fence on what to get. I really like the Galaxy Note II, but I don't want to get it right now, when there could be potentially better 1080p phones coming out soon.[/citation]
You will always be in that situation. However, who is your carrier? Verizon by chance? The Droid DNA is about to be released and it looks pretty durned good.

Status
Not open for further replies.