Hands-On Video Of Lenovo's Yoga Tablet 2 With AnyPen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad Razvan

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
I don't know why Lenovo is sticking with the 8" form factor. I personally think it's too small. And what's up with the full HD resolution? I don't need full HD resolution on a n 8" screen - and considering the shitty GPU the intel atom has, I don't want full HD resolution. Also, why 32GB? that's barely enough for windows, office and a few files! My Transformer T100 has 64GB and that's too small - let alone 32gb.

I don't know why Lenovo is sticking with the 8" form factor. I personally think it's too small. And what's up with the full HD resolution? I don't need full HD resolution on a n 8" screen - and considering the shitty GPU the intel atom has, I don't want full HD resolution. Also, why 32GB? that's barely enough for windows, office and a few files! My Transformer T100 has 64GB and that's too small - let alone 32gb.

These Tablets are not designed to be a Desktop or Laptop replacement. Most people using these don't need to install many programs and what they do use on them would not require more than 2GB of ram. If you need something more like a Laptop you would buy a chrome book or a 2 in 1 with Windows. Installing an SD card solves the problem of not enough storage.

I own a Dell Venue 8 Pro 32GB model and I use it almost every day for light browsing and some games. Hearthstone runs well on it with low settings.

Also I think people should probably avoid the 1GB Windows Tablets because 1GB with Windows is almost not enough most functions or even just browsing the Web.

Vlad Razvan

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

That's not the point. 8" 1080p is just silly. Just imagine trying to close a window or tick a check-box, or click a link. It's uncomfortable.

I have an Asus Transformer T100TAL witch I use for word procesing and internet on the go - still, I installed Civ V, Quake 2 and Heroes 3 on it, witch work fine - and that's about all I can fit on the 64GB SSD.

The point is, I'd rather they make the display 720p and use the money the would have otherwise spent on a 1080p display to add a larger SSD.

ron baker

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
This, but rooted to run lollykat icecream .. agree about the screen .. 8 is just too small to do much. Ms remore dektop on android works well but needs a bigger screen to be useful. And android has all the software I really need .. just lacks a good video encoder, like handbrake(LOL). CIV5 ona tablet? no thanks .. (not even on a desktop actually).

Status
Not open for further replies.