Hands-on With the Diablo 3 Console Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Eh I dunno about that. It almost seems like Diablo 3 is better suited for the console than it is for the PC. Besides, Blizzard is clearly interested in the console market, and the Diablo franchise is the only franchise Blizzard owns that has even a remote chance of being decent on a console.

But then again, this is coming from someone who finds the entire Diablo series (including the widely loved Diablo 2) one of the most boring game series ever made, and will continue to believe that Diablo 3 was perhaps the worst $60 he has ever spent. So... what do I know?

slomo4sho

Distinguished
Anyone that would want this should already have it for PC and I don't see why there would be a new audience of players that will pickup this poorly executed game for the console especially considering the fact that the servers are separate from the PC version.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I gave $5 to pre-order Diablo 3 on Gamestop when the hype train was on full speed, but after I saw the actual game, (not the reviews mind you which were all good except the user reviews) I was unsure until my buddy bought it and he told me clearly not to buy it, since he casually played through it in 3 days.

I just finished Torchlight 2 the other day and the game was pretty damn awesome, I'm glad I bought that game instead.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
I wounder ho many people will buy this. As most fans of this type of game will have played it on PC.
Also will the real money action house work on the console?

tlg

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Few weeks ago I had this urge to play some Diablo 3 so I installed the game again, played no more than 5 minutes to remember how disgusted I got from this game when I initially played it and that was it. Sure we were all very hyped about this game but the ridiculous mmo-style itemization system tailored to support an AH and RMAH just ruined it for me. The rest was bad but bearable.

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

No it sucks. It's all about playing auction house and not the game. When you can buy level 60 items for your character that have been reduced to level 48 for 100k gold, it breaks the game horrendously.

Rogue77777

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
No AH and RMAH would have made this game great, but all Blizzard wanted was to make more money of the game by making it so YOU HAVE TO BUY ALL YOUR GOOD GEAR FROM THE AH and RMAH. The aveage player to good players will never find any good Legendary items or make enough good to then buy from the AH, they will have to forkout more real money and the Blizzard make 15% off whatevers sold. IT's a Gold Mine For Blizard not the Players.
As for me, They've lost my business - I'll never by another game with their name on it - I hope it was worth it Blizard

Rogue77777

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
No AH and RMAH would have made this game great, but all Blizzard wanted was to make more money of the game by making it so YOU HAVE TO BUY ALL YOUR GOOD GEAR FROM THE AH and RMAH. The aveage player to good players will never find any good Legendary items or make enough good to then buy from the AH, they will have to forkout more real money and the Blizzard make 15% off whatevers sold. IT's a Gold Mine For Blizard not the Players.
As for me, They've lost my business - I'll never by another game with their name on it - I hope it was worth it Blizard

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011

Lol, why would a casual scrub (that's a realistic term for 'average') be allowed to get best gear in game for playing 2 hrs a week?
I've got 350 hours played on this character and I haven't spent a penny on RMAH, infact I sold gold for roughly €100 which paid for the game two times over and I still got good enough gear to smash through MP10 inferno and by smash I mean boosting 1 or 2 of my friends that don't play very often on MP10 ubers literally soloing everything.
This is a grindy game where you find good items that aren't necessarily good for your class, but thanks to AH you can sell it w/o the hassle of trade chat and scamming potential and then use the gold to buy an item for yourself.
Everyone with the sense of entitlement should get over themselves.

Albert Rampo

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
these people craped all over the Fans its not even funny ...for the people that dont know what im talking about let me tell you when Diablo 3 came out there a huge crap storm about their DRM always online and no offline play at all couldnt be done or some BS like that they said . Also alot of people noticed that the game felt alot like a console game (skills , graphics, team management , chat system ) they denied it and said it was a pc game from the ground up .....THEN they annouced console port and you will be able to play OFFLINE .....oh the only thing they changed was the UI . WHAT THE FCK !!! was everyones first sentence when everyone they read that but anyway

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
we have 10 other video game review sites we can go to. This is a hardware website. Go back to the way tom's was 2 years ago when you took deep looks into computer hardware instead of wasting our time with these articles.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
why bother reading the article and taking the time to comment then? you are only showing up as activity on their articles thus encouraging them to continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.