[SOLVED] hard disk partition is not accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

asuswin10guy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
hello,

I have an ASUS TUF gaming laptop I bought back in 2019. Processor AMD Ryzen7 with 16GB Ram, 64bit. I am using Windows10 Home. My harddisk is 2TB and partitioned as C: for 500GB and D: 1.5TB. D: is where all my files, folder and data is.

2 days ago I saw one of my new folders inaccessible so I ran ccleaner and updated my windows and after that it was fine. After I rebooted my laptop, my Asus laptop went into PC diagnose and started automatic repair. If I remember correctly it was at "Fixing D:\ Stage1: 40600 out of 110000 36% " and ETA went from a few minutes to 8 hours and after overnight next morning to something ridiculous at 118 hours and kept increasing. For e.g. 40600 went up 1 at a time 40600 to 40601, 40602 every 15 to 30secs and so was painfully slow. This went on until last night and 36% only climbed to 40% in 2 days. It seems like repairingThen the power went out. When power was back up my PC complained it wasn't shut down properly but I was able to boot back to Windows and logged in.

I saw to my horror D: was missing. I checked with Diskpart and it could only see my C: partition. as my D: In Device Manager it was listed as "unknown device" In Disk management I it as "Disk Unknown", Not initialized. When I tried to initialize it it says "incorrect function". I tried to disable it. reenable, update the driver, but didn't help.

THis morning I powered on my laptop again and seems like I could at least see D: but when I tried to access it I get:

D:\ is not accessible " the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error"

In Disk Management I now see it as Disk0 and online. and the partition as D:\ RAW healthy primary partition. My laptop has asked me to format that partition in order to use it. But I cancelled it because I want to back up some recent data.
It looks like part of my D: has some bad blocks, I am unlucky perhaps , my laptop is only 3years+ old. And perhaps I also need to replace my hard drive soon also ?

Could someone please advise what I should do now the fix this issue so that so I can access my data?

thanks.

asuswin10guy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
ok. I've added the CrystalDiskinfo image. But it only sees C: I did a rescan, but it cannot see D: , it only sees the 500GB drive . not the 2TB one.

Thanks also for the getDataBack, I'm running that in the meantime. waiting for results. crystaldiskinfo

Last edited:

asuswin10guy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
its still 0% done. current sector 27,457 and time remaining keeps increasing to a humongous number. At this point I am giving up. Could you please advise which brand of laptop hard drive would you use ? I'm going to need to buy another data drive tomorrow after the shops open again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.