Question Hard disk usage jumping to 100% every few seconds ?

narangashish29

Commendable
Sep 17, 2018
My laptop's disk usage is jumping to 100% after every few seconds. There are now such processes running in the background or foreground which could consume disk. But still its happening . The problem is reached to the extent that my laptop is freezing every time usage reaches 100% . There are time when it stays at 100 for like 30 seconds. I am not even able to play a video properly.

Laptop has decent specs: i5 7200U + 940 mx + 8gb ram and I TB WD10SPZX-24Z10T0 hard disk.

I have tried updating drivers and installing tons of hard disk monitoring tools.
Every tool is showing the health of the hard disk to be fine(75%) except for one bad block present.
Also i would be sharing the event viewer log files.
Please help me with this. I would be grateful.

Windows Update and Microsoft Office 2013+ update related background tasks with HDD may became very sluggish. If you see CPU utilization about 15-25% with constant or nearly constant HDD usage around 100%, it is direct sign of it. If you have no other background processes or sudden malware actions, think about replacing HDD to SDD.

narangashish29

Commendable
Sep 17, 2018
No, its not constant 100% , it jumps to 100% after like 30-35 sec and then after 10-15 sec comes back to 10-15% and this goes on repeating . And I dont even have Microsoft office installed in my Laptop . Plus i have checked using various tools and the health of my harddisk is normal (around 75%).