Hard drive cannot be located in disk management or on the PC

May 5, 2018
I have the alienware aurora R7 and i cannot locate the hard drive anywhere, i can only find the 256gb SSD which won't be able to handle all my files. The PC arrived yesterday and the hard drive cannot be located in the disk management or anywhere for the matter!
I have tried finding it device management aswell but it is nor there. I have not yet checked if the SATA cables are correctly plugged in yet however i'm not sure if this will be the issue.
Any help would be vastly appreciated, thanks.

Solution
Sicne this is a brand new purchase, I'd suggest you contact Dell's support team and ask them what to do. If you're allowed to open up the chassis to inspect the system, the first thing you should do is inspect the cables and connections. Then see if replacing the connectors helps. Then you can try and have only the HDD plugged it. Then try and remove the HDD and see if it works on a donor system.

To rule out a dead drive, you could take another HDD and use it in place of the HDD bundled with your Alienware. If it's detected in BIOS then in OSes Disk Management, then the HDD you got bundled died. Probably a hard drop for the system.

Lutfij

Titan
Sicne this is a brand new purchase, I'd suggest you contact Dell's support team and ask them what to do. If you're allowed to open up the chassis to inspect the system, the first thing you should do is inspect the cables and connections. Then see if replacing the connectors helps. Then you can try and have only the HDD plugged it. Then try and remove the HDD and see if it works on a donor system.

To rule out a dead drive, you could take another HDD and use it in place of the HDD bundled with your Alienware. If it's detected in BIOS then in OSes Disk Management, then the HDD you got bundled died. Probably a hard drop for the system.

Solution