Hard Drive Upgrade

Gbailey75

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Hello,
I ordered one of the new Seagate hybrids to update/upgrade my Latitude D630. I am running Windows 7, 64-bit on the laptop, and I am seeking advice as to whether I should consider a clean install of Windows on the new hard drive or not.
This was an original Vista Laptop with a W7 upgrade and am wondering if I will have better performance with a clean W7 64-bit installation.

If the advice is to do a clean install, then is there a way to clone the C drive -- without the operating system being cloned? Or seeking suggestions on how to transfer contents of C drive onto new drive. Thanks.

Solution
Clean install all the way. you already know the system works with 7 and there are drivers available on the manufacturers website.

Just be sure to download the network adapter drivers and save them to CD or USB flashdrives just in case.

So long as you have access to the internet, the computer will be much happier on a clean install.

Dr_JRE

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Clean install all the way. you already know the system works with 7 and there are drivers available on the manufacturers website.

Just be sure to download the network adapter drivers and save them to CD or USB flashdrives just in case.

So long as you have access to the internet, the computer will be much happier on a clean install.

Solution