Hard to find MB error

Dionisis_2

Commendable
May 23, 2016
Hello! Ended up here since Im struggling get a solution to my MB issue.
I have a Gigabye X99-UD4-CF (ver.x.x) mobo with latest bios update. Im playing games (mostly world of warcraft) and also using CAD for drawings. I noticed few months ago that my system wasn't as stable as it should.
That what I got 1st was a game crush without specific graphic load, game was idle. VGA drivers stopped responding and was successfully recovered as the Win10 message said. I thought it was accidental but that started being often. Also my fps was really low compared to my wife's old enough pc (mine 15fps vs. 25 hers on same settings), also screen was making a smooth, hard to observe waving pattern at certain locations during game but also during being in the drawing area of my cad app.

The 1st thing that I suspected was my Sapphire Radeon VGA card (R9 200/ 4GB). I started removing the current drivers with Vudu tool and then installing the newest version. This didn't solve the issue (made several tries with various versions as well). Then I decided to reinstall my OS. I started with win7 and upgraded to win10. I updated OS then I installed the MOBO/chipset drivers and finally gpu drivers. Happy enough back then, tried to "stress" my hardware and I realized that after a waiting of 20 mins approx. Within the game I was playing the error was still present. I was smashed since according to my opinion this issue was more of hardware failure now.
Got some diagnostic software and I started checking my system, nothing came up (I ve checked GPU, processor(i7-5930K@3.5GHz) and ram. I removed my GPU and went to the store where I bought it. I let it a couple of days for testing it. Tests were fine. During that time I borrowed another gpu and I got the same error while playing.

After that got from an uncle of mine, a probe tester so as to examining the PSU - everything was also fine. The more I was checking the more I was suspecting my MB. I got my pc to work where a college had a pci_pc-tester. We attached it and an error message came up. According to his manual was a failure on the MB (sadly I got no more info about that). I got my pc back at home and started swapping rams (2x4gb of ddr4). Also nothing changed.
Then I decided to update my bios. Issue was still there. Slightly changed behavior though. Better fps in games but still was getting crushes and also could get a full-screen image on any MS browser.I tried moving my gpu to any other pci slot, same thing again.

After all those actions I thought that bringing my entire pc back to the store where I bought it might be a good idea, sadly the employee there wasn't neither friendly nor helpful. I let my pc a couple of days there and all that I got from them is that my OS wasn't installed properly. I reinstalled again but also nothing new.
Then I downloaded Hiren's boot DVD and ran diagnostics. All looked fine to me except the APM tests that failed (perhaps because of an absence of this technology from my MB).

Also some of my findings were the following:
From the Quicktest Pro on Hiren's boot DVD I did:
PCI test -->passed.
PnP test-->passed.
APM-->failed.
System management Bus-->passed.
Interrupt controller test #1 and #20-->passed.
DMA #1 and 2# controllers passed.
HDD test-->passed.

Some things that I couldn't understand during tests were:
-That I couldn't load any USB2.0 Hub/Controller diagnostics (my software was crushing).
-During the display of I/O ports viewer the value at byte 03DA was ticking in a weird pattern between 00 and 01. That was the byte at the position 03D0 horizontal and xA vertical. The description for this position was "color graphics adapter". I don't know it is normal flickering like this.
I don't know if this is the proper "area" to get checked. Im just trying to combine my findings.
I know that I might miss bringing any useful information and I hope that my findings are not misleading.

The reason im asking for help is that im hoping to spot the failure to keep a log so as to proceed to any corrective actions/replacement.