Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Hello, i have built a pc a few months back and here are the specs:

AMD Athlon II X4 630
ATI Radeon HD 5770
corsair XMS3 4gb Ram x1
gigabyte motherboard
400 watt psu

I have been having alot of blue screens happening while gaming, but also happens while browsing on firefox, even at idle sometimes! the messages are mostly PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, and IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_NOT_EQUAL_TO.

The other problem is i get installation problems and errors on every game i owned and ones that i know work fail. The installation errors are all related to corrupt files, CRC, or catastrophic failure etc.

The other one is minor but odd:
Crazy_ivan55

i ran memtest because all these seem to be bad ram problems and i got over 2million errors! but im a bit curious because i ran it from a dvd instead of a cd, is it possible that the dvd caused all the errors or was it really bad ram.

Need help quick im going to best buy soon to pickup new ram to try. :sweat:

Solution
The errors found are because of bad RAM. MT86+ is just software and it doesn't matter what type of disc you burned it to. A cd is always recommended because that is all you need, meaning that the size of the program will fit on any cd; however, a dvd is just as effective. Replace your RAM.

Upendra09

Distinguished
2 million errors means your memory should flat out not work which could explain the installation errors, but then you wouldn't have been able to start the computer

when you were assembling this computer, did you ground yourself properly?

download memtest86 latest version and run during startup rather than on a dvd

did you download all your drivers as well? and what OS?

The errors found are because of bad RAM. MT86+ is just software and it doesn't matter what type of disc you burned it to. A cd is always recommended because that is all you need, meaning that the size of the program will fit on any cd; however, a dvd is just as effective. Replace your RAM.

Solution

Crazy_Ivan55

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

Hey thanks for the quick replys, but yes i grounded myself and it worked until i just got errors one day out of nowhere.

I did run from startup on memtest but instead of the iso being on cd i put it on dvd because it was all i had at the time

i have all latest drivers and my OS is Windows XP home edition 32 bit

so my only bet is to buy ram and try it?

I suggested to replace them because you seemed to be in a hurry.

"Need help quick im going to best buy soon to pickup new ram to try. "

However, if you've got time to try a few things, start by using just one stick of RAM, and test the one stick in every DIMM slot. Do this, successful boot or not, until you've tried all sticks in all slots.