Hardware or easy software fix?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Hello everyone. My computer keeps crashing and giving me the blue screen. I don't know what it is. Right now I play games on it and run Unreal Development Kit as well as Maya 2012 on it. I play World of Warcraft, Minecraft, Battlefield Play4Free, League of Legends, some Heroes of Newerth, Mount & Blade: Warband, DC Universe Online, Counter-Strike: Source and Diablo 2. It is a computer that I ordered the parts for and built myself and I have had it since Feburary on 2011 and it has been doing this ever since then. I have noticed that this happens only when I play video games one here until it happened once today when I was in the Unreal Development Kit (UDK) program building my a map. Here are my specs for my computer:

Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P33 Motherboard
CPU: AMD Anthlon 2 X3 455 @ 3.30GHz
PSU: Ultra ATX Switching 550W Power Supply
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570
RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
HDD: 500GB Standard HDD
DVD Burner: Standard DVD Burner

Here is also a picture of the blue screen I keep getting:

http://s1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa391/John_Finlay/?action=view&current=2012-01-03002956.jpg

Thanks
~John Finlay

Solution
Well, you really don't want to get a cheap PSU. Its not worth the hassle, especially when they blow up and take out your computer with it. Its better to spend the extra money on a quality brand/PSU. Just outside of your budget, but this is a great PSU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021 . There are better ones out there, at a higher price, but Corsair has fairly high quality (though not going to vouch for this particular model).

As for those HDDs that isn't going to happen for some time still. Flooding of several factories have resulted in a HDD shortage, which has driven prices up to absurd levels. However, now that the factories are restarting prices are starting to, slowly, drop. I suggest waiting for...

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
I just want to thank you so very much for taking time out of your day to help me with this issue I was having as well as helping me find a few parts for my PC. I will add you as a friend so I have easy access to contacting you if I get another blue screen or perhaps other issues in regards to my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.