Has anyone tried overclocking it?

deadlyghost

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
I was wondering if it is a good idea to overclock Zotac GTX 650Ti Amp! Edition 2GB ? Yeah I know that it is factory overclocked but still if you can overclock it a little bit far ?

Anyone tried?

Solution
Use EVGA PrecisionX or MSI Afterburner. Overclock by increasing the core clock and memory clock. Increasing core clock is more effective.

Increase by like, 100Mhz each time. When you start seeing weird sh!t or crashing it means the overclock is too high. Decrease by 50Mhz until the problem goes away.

Anub1s

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Google says yes, people have, which should probably have been your first step. Only way to know for yourself is to actually try it. Not all cards are created equal, so don't expect it, but there is no harm in trying. Just take small steps.

deadlyghost

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
So which settings I should use to overclock it? I am asking this because overclocking a pre overclocked graphics card is a little different things because you haven't overclocked it such that you are going to overclock it higher... So what settings I should use? And which software should I use?

Use EVGA PrecisionX or MSI Afterburner. Overclock by increasing the core clock and memory clock. Increasing core clock is more effective.

Increase by like, 100Mhz each time. When you start seeing weird sh!t or crashing it means the overclock is too high. Decrease by 50Mhz until the problem goes away.

Solution

deadlyghost

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013

Okay... But should I only increase the core clock? not the memory clock? and what about voltages? Should they be constant-like at factory settings? Memory voltage and core voltage should also be changed... I think?

deadlyghost

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
I done a quite a big research on google :p on overclocking Zotac GTX 650Ti AMP... And I found one legitimate good trust worthy site Bit-Tech.Net...

The overclock we were able to apply to the Zotac GTX 650 Ti amp! Edition was almost identical to that of the EVGA card. With the maximum voltage of 1163mV running through it, we were able to push the core clock from 1,032MHz to 1,114MHz (an 8% increase) and the memory clock from 1.55GHz (6.2GHz effective) to 1.6GHz (6.4GHz effective), which matches the EVGA card and represents a 3% increase for the Zotac card.

As both overclocks were so similar, it was unsurprising to note that in their overclocked states, both the EVGA card and the Zotac card caused our system to draw 175W from the wall when we placed it under GPU load. This is a 14W increase for the Zotac GTX 650 Ti and a 9W increase for the EVGA one.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2012/10/09/nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-review/11

They overclocked at these settings fine and just saw that it would draw more power(not to concern more about)...
So I will just overclocking my graphics card after 30 minutes from now as I first have to complete a work... Until I start overclocking if anyone would like to suggest something more then you are most welcome... :)

deadlyghost

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
Uh again... Power was off so I could not overclock my system but when power came I came with the MSI Afterburner and saw that the values were in +/- like... I could not see an option so that I could just write down my own custom values like core clock in 1114Mhz.. But instead it is showing the +/-... Even if I try to put the values by clicking on the value bar it would just auto adjust to +1000 ... What to do.??

EDIT : Here is the image of what it looks when I open MSI Afterburner -

KXUCxQV.png

Now tell me what settings should I put in here to overclock it...?
I posted a link above of the settings but what should I set here to overclock?

RE: EDIT - I actually set the values like the + sign meant for the values more than the default one... and by this I did an overclock which was successful... These were the settings -

hVAI12w.png

Y3Mn8rC.png

So that's good I think... and I am using this graphics card currently on my old system as I am doing something on my current Intel based system...

My old system config is like this-
AMD FX 6100 @ 3.8GHz O.C.
Zotac GTX 650ti AMP! Edition 2GB
4GB RAM
Seagate barracuda 500GB HDD
ASUS M5A88-M
Corsair GS700

So I think it is pretty much good right? I am currently installing Batman Arkham Origins to test my graphics card and hence once it is done I will come here...

deadlyghost

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
Success!! Hey that thing worked and I am running my GFX card @ 1114Mhz and memory @ 1575 Mhz.. No goof ups no BSOD or black/color lines... Just perfect.. but after that I tried to overclock it somewhat more but it becomes unstable and grey screen appears... :(

deadlyghost

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
Yeah I will seek for a better gfx... One thing that is weird that when I run MSI Kombustor after OCing gfx and see no error... But when I run batman arkham origins with OCed settings I get APPCRASH... And when I reset the settings and restart my system and ran batman arkham origins and I got no error and I could play for hours... But as soon as I play this game with OCed settings it gets crashed... I haven't tested OC on other games... But just after an hour I will...

deadlyghost

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
I did the same you said ... I reduced the overclock setting that was earlier +81 to +30... Then I played Batman Arkham Origins and it went fine... I paused the game and increased the clock frequency by 10Mhz and it went fine... When I tried to set +60Mhz to the core clock then I got few lags in between the game... So I reduced it to +50Mhz and that went fine.. I think it is the best stable overclock settings right now for my graphics card...

Thanks @huilun02....!!