Haunted House trap door

I have installed a new coil to pull open the trap door, but that didn't
make it work. I have had my game for over two years and for the life
of me can't figure what is keeping the trap door underneath the stairs
from opening when activated by the roll- under mechanism. Can anyone
offer suggestions as to what could be wrong?

To trigger the trap door, you need to go into the cellar thru the
center playfield entry point.
That's the "fake" target that moves away and lets the ball drop to the
cellar. then the trap door light turns on. Once lit, then the rollunder
switch will open the trap door.

Also, another trigger for the trap door is a switch on the lower left
of the
playfield, to the left of the second left flipper behind the pop
bumper. Roll
over this switch and the trap door opens.

Remember the trap door is a FLIPPER coil. There are two parts to the
coil; the power side, and a hold side. Just like a flipper coil, there
is an EOS switch which MUST be working for the trap door to work and
not burn.

Dave

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I appreciate the information, but I already knew you have to trigger the
trap door via the fake center target or the other lower left side
switch. I have tried those and still nothing. I wanted to see if there
was anything technical wrong which could be preventing the trap door
from opening. Any ideas?

From one pinball lover to another,

Rob

--