Hauppauge MediaMVP users?

Well, I broke down and bought one.

Works great with the files recorded by my PVR-250 card, over 802.11G
wireless connection...

The only complaint I have is that it makes the TV think there's no
signal. The TV is a 7 year old Zenith with that annoying OSD status
display that pops up momentarily when you switch from tuner to the
analog input. If there's no signal, the status stays on the screen till
you connect something. Well, I can see the MediaMVP menu, play videos,
with no problem, but the TV won't get rid of the stupid OSD status box.

Has anyone else seen something like this? Could it be a signal level
issue? I've tried the latest beta firmware for it, and that didn't
help... I checked on www.shspvr.com and didn't see this one in the
forums...

ClAy

"Keith Clark" <clarkphotography@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, I broke down and bought one.
>
> Works great with the files recorded by my PVR-250 card, over 802.11G
> wireless connection...
>
> The only complaint I have is that it makes the TV think there's no
> signal. The TV is a 7 year old Zenith with that annoying OSD status
> display that pops up momentarily when you switch from tuner to the
> analog input. If there's no signal, the status stays on the screen till
> you connect something. Well, I can see the MediaMVP menu, play videos,
> with no problem, but the TV won't get rid of the stupid OSD status box.
>
> Has anyone else seen something like this? Could it be a signal level
> issue? I've tried the latest beta firmware for it, and that didn't
> help... I checked on www.shspvr.com and didn't see this one in the
> forums...

I've had one since the first week it was released, and it does not cause
anything like that with my sony tv. However, I do think the brightness on mine
is somewhat low, and though it doesn't affect the sony, if the relative levels
[black/white/wither-than-white] aren't close enough to spec, this could be
triggering what you are seeing. Maybe there is enough sample to sample
variation that a replacement unit might not show the problem.

Clay wrote:

> "Keith Clark" <clarkphotography@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Well, I broke down and bought one.
> >
> > Works great with the files recorded by my PVR-250 card, over 802.11G
> > wireless connection...
> >
> > The only complaint I have is that it makes the TV think there's no
> > signal. The TV is a 7 year old Zenith with that annoying OSD status
> > display that pops up momentarily when you switch from tuner to the
> > analog input. If there's no signal, the status stays on the screen till
> > you connect something. Well, I can see the MediaMVP menu, play videos,
> > with no problem, but the TV won't get rid of the stupid OSD status box.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen something like this? Could it be a signal level
> > issue? I've tried the latest beta firmware for it, and that didn't
> > help... I checked on www.shspvr.com and didn't see this one in the
> > forums...
> >

> I've had one since the first week it was released, and it does not cause
> anything like that with my sony tv. However, I do think the brightness on mine
> is somewhat low, and though it doesn't affect the sony, if the relative levels
> [black/white/wither-than-white] aren't close enough to spec, this could be
> triggering what you are seeing. Maybe there is enough sample to sample
> variation that a replacement unit might not show the problem.

I found a work-around - I connected it to an unused A/V input on the VCR and that
works great. Of course now I need a universal remote because my wife is hating
having 5 remotes on the coffee table... ;-> But at least it works.