Discussion Have you ever wanted to revolutionize computer hardware and software?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2022
I dream of a world where everyone uses the same brand of computers because of how ideal it is for most—if not, all—people. The ideal CPU, OS, file system, peripherals, programming language, markup languages, protocols, user software, UI, etc, all under one brand that represents the future and how comfortable it could be. This makes me depressed. I want nothing but this. Anyone?

That's the problem. My ideal system doesn't even exist yet. It's revolutionary. I have a plan, but not enough resources to implement it. That's why I don't even bother to document and finalize my designs, because I know I can't realize them.
I wish you lots of luck, because computing has had literally decades of very bright individuals hammering away at problems such as this and this is how far we've gotten.

But on the flipside, computer science is still a relatively young field when compared to say chemistry, physics, medicine, etc. So who knows? Maybe you'll stumble across something.

Reactions: Unlimiter
May 7, 2022
I wish you lots of luck, because computing has had literally decades of very bright individuals hammering away at problems such as this and this is how far we've gotten.

But on the flipside, computer science is still a relatively young field when compared to say chemistry, physics, medicine, etc. So who knows? Maybe you'll stumble across something.
Truly—thank you! You can trust my geekiness and imagination.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Too bad, you all have exactly a 1050 Ti and an i7-4770K and 16 GB of RAM. Benevolent Emperor Unlimiter has decided that is what everyone needs, on average. Now pipe down and eat Food Supplement in your Housing Cube while watching State TV and be thankful you live in a perfect society.
What a cruel emperor. Give me at least a 1660.

Reactions: Unlimiter
Status
Not open for further replies.