Question having blue screen of death and severe overheating issues on my aero 15x??

Robert_338

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
Hi all,

I’m not usually one to post on forums because I can almost always find someone with a similar problem as me and follow the same instructions to fix it. However, my computers gotten so screwed up, I don’t know what else to do short of getting a brand new one.

I’m currently using a gigabyte aero 15X (i7-8750H) , windows 10 build 18362 and within the last week I've been getting blue screen of death issues but at random times. It started after a recent windows update (which ive tried undoing). It sometimes happens while I'm playing video games like csgo or gta V and sometimes it happens when I'm not using the laptop at all. The error my system gives me by the way is critical_process_died. The computer will restart after the blue screen but into BIOS, not windows 10. After I restart my computer once again, itll boot into windows 10 normally as if nothing happened. I didn't think of this as a severe problem until my computer started overheating heavily.

I put my laptop in a case while I take it from home to school and a few times already it has turned on or booted up while in my backpack (even tho its in sleep mode) and it gets to crazy hot temps and drains the battery. It got to over 90 degrees Celsius before and im really worried about the health of my battery/gpu/cpu. I've run antivirus scans, updated my drivers, and even reset my windows but with no success. Let me know if I need to provide anymore information or pictures. Any help would be appreciated because I don't know what else to do at this point :( ...thanks!

- I've also tried the chkdsk and sfc tools with no success as well as the automatic and startup repair built into windows 10