Question having Crashes since upgrading my system, (windows 10)

aidenilbuck

Honorable
Aug 18, 2018
Hey, i recently upgraded my whole pc, new GPU CPU and Board. and i did a clean install of windows but im having issues with Crashes,

my specs are
Cpu: i7-13700K
CPu cooler: noctua noctua nh-d15
board :ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus
ram:TeamGroup T-FORCE VULCAN 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz
ssd: wd black Nvme 500gb (Os storage) wdblack 1 Tb (general storage
Hdd: wd blue 2 tb
gpu: 4070 super
Psu: Evga supernova 850 g+
Chassis: Fractal Design Torrent E-ATX
monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27

Psu age: 1-2 years ish
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1601, 2023-11-23

Ive been having issues on and off with the game Hardspace shipbreaker, sometimes when i boot up my computer freezes,
im not getting this issue with other games like Binding of isaac, Tf2, etc
this happened a few days ago i checked The Event viewer and it was something with my card so did a full reinstall of my Drivers, worked fine
but today im getting something that seems more system based

right before the freeze im getting errors of this message in my administrative events
Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container, Then a code of characters that changes every time,

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Where did you source the installer for your OS? Did you install the OS in offline mode to later manually install the latest drivers in an elevated command?

aidenilbuck

Honorable
Aug 18, 2018
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Where did you source the installer for your OS? Did you install the OS in offline mode to later manually install the latest drivers in an elevated command?
i edited the post to add in the full specs
I got the installation media from microsoft website,
I installed in offline mode since it didn't have the lan or wifi drivers, I had to download them onto an external harddrive and then install manually, i got those from Asus's website,
i had issues when installing. where it didn't work for a few times but i got it to work on wifi and then went from there ( my board had an external wifi receiver included )

i have a newer PSu that i bought since i thought my PSU was only 700 i bought this with my parts
its a Hydro G pro 850 W should i replace my PSU with this one?

I also had a BSOD with the error code of Kernal security check failure, is that related?

First thing to do is to update the bios to currency.
Default settings will adhere to Intel standings and protect your processor.

There may well be other fixes included in the bios update.

I would go ahead change out the psu to the newer product since you have it.
It has a 10 year warranty and can support a stronger graphics card in the future.