Question I'm having issues with any game I play ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 15, 2024
PC: LENOVO Prebuilt.

Specs:
Windows 11 V.10.0.22631
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800 8-core.
GPU: RTX 3060 LHR
RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 (came with P.C.) 2X Corsair DDR4 (put on myself).
Storage: 1 x HDD 1TB. 1 x SSD PCle 2 TB.
1 x Wi-Fi AX; Bluetooth 5.1 or above. .
I use Arctis Nova 5 headphones, I have to use a dongle to use them via Bluetooth.

I have several issues going on with my p.c. One problem is after I play an online game, my internet will cut off and kick me from my game. this happens several times while playing a 30 min session. It happens while on Wi-Fi or LAN. When I run the Windows troubleshoot, it says it can't reach the host, and Once I reset the adapter, it works for another 10 min. and then goes off. If I don't reset it, it will come back on within 2 minutes. usually. and work for another 10 min. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, getting new drivers, and resetting my IP and TCP. Nothing seems to work.

My other issues is Most games i play will start stuttering after 15-30 min of gameplay. my whole computer stutters. the stutters are consistent, and don't stop till I get off the game. my audio stutters as well or cuts off only some of the audio, like the characters will stop talking, but I can hear background noise. I run all my games on the lowest setting even though i feel it should be able to handle much more than low settings. semi-recently, if I keep playing the game, it will fully restart my computer. sometimes a blue screen appears for about half a second, and then it restarts my P.C.

I've tried updating my drivers, and it doesn't help. I took my p.c. to a computer repair store, and they said they couldn't replicate my issue but said my GPU temps were a little high, so they re-did the thermal (I ran a bunch of benches and such, and my temps were just fine.). That still didnt fix my issue. I have two monitors, one Samsung and one MSI. One is hdmi cord, and the other, I think, is a display cord. Idk what kind it is but it like locks into the port unlike a normal hdmi cord. I play the games on the display with the display cord. I usually watch a YouTube video while playing games, and it makes the videos stutter as well. I have tried not having YouTube open as well.

I installed the SSD myself. I had to use a partition, i forgot why. on one partition is the OS and the rest is games and such. I have ran several benches and nothing tells me i have an issue. Idk if i can post pictures but i have pictures of the benches. If you need more info, please ask. Please help me.

Reactions: darezanny

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Numbers are funky.
Ram is 1067MHz? That's running at 2133MHz, which is seriously slow for that gen cpu. It should be 3200MHz-4400MHz range. Considering you have mixed ram, I'd be concerned you are having memory conflicts which will enable any/all of the Op issues.
Core clocks are abyssmal. 8.1MHz? Should be 3-4GHz. Even idle clocks dont go that low.

May 15, 2024
Ok, so I've updated my drivers (IG, I was not doing it properly and thought Windows would do it when I said auto detect.. That seems to have solved the internet problem, and I'm testing the updated default BIOs.

wow, that's kind of dumb, I feel.
recomend the 16gb x 2 for 32gb of ram remove all previous sticks. sticks should be in slot 2/4. because lenovo oem boards dont support xmp they only run on 1.2v sticks. sticks rated 1.5v will not run at proper speeds or maybe become unstable.

my guess is the corsair ram isnt compatible due to 1.2 it will be clocking down to like

2133mhz or less because when its mixed with other ram the timings might be conflicting.

May 15, 2024
Numbers are funky.
Ram is 1067MHz? That's running at 2133MHz, which is seriously slow for that gen cpu. It should be 3200MHz-4400MHz range. Considering you have mixed ram, I'd be concerned you are having memory conflicts which will enable any/all of the Op issues.
Core clocks are abyssmal. 8.1MHz? Should be 3-4GHz. Even idle clocks dont go that low.
I'm not sure where your seeing this?

May 15, 2024
I Very much appreciate all the help from everyone! You guys are the only people who actually respond, reddit and everywhere else never does! Thank you guys for real!