I have put a new HD in my pc and the bios can find it. But for some reason it
is listed as unreadable. What can I do to change that?

Did you initialize and format the new disc with Disk Management?

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"LT" <LT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have put a new HD in my pc and the bios can find it. But for some reason
it
> is listed as unreadable. What can I do to change that?

I can't initialize and format it in disc managment because it's status there
is 'unreadable'

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Did you initialize and format the new disc with Disk Management?
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "LT" <LT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have put a new HD in my pc and the bios can find it. But for some reason
> it
> > is listed as unreadable. What can I do to change that?

anna

>I can't initialize and format it in disc managment because it's status
>there
> is 'unreadable'

LT:
You should download the diagnostic utility from the drive's manuf. website
and test to see if it's defective.

And you have correctly connected/jumpered that drive, right? You're sure of
that, right? The cables are securely fastened at both ends, correct? You've
tried another ribbon cable, yes?

The fact that the drive is detected in the BIOS is no indication that you're
dealing with a non-defective disk that has been properly
connected/configured.

So repeat the drive's connections and connect it to other IDE channels as
well. I assume we're talking about a PATA drive, right? Not a SATA one.

Disconnect the problem drive and bootup with only your booting drive; then
reconnect that second drive.
Anna