HDD Backups with Nero?

RCPilot

Champion
I did a search on this board & couldn't find a thread. I was wondering if you can back up a partitioned Hdd with Nero, such as Ghost? I've searched on the Nero sites & think it's posible, but can't seem to get the right information on it. If I can do it with Nero it will save me some hassle to learn Ghost. Thanks for the imput!

Skinny

How do you eat a elephant? One bite at a time!

FatBurger

Illustrious
I don't believe so. At least not in the same way. You could simply make an image file of the files, but that's different than Ghost, I think (I've never used Ghost).

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
""I was wondering if you can back up a partitioned Hdd with Nero, such as Ghost? ""

Even this is complete nonsense to me to understand (I mean the exact question, sori, English is my third language), there is a way to use them both for your needs.

I use Ghost to make an image of the drive and save it to the other drive (partition), then after I use Nero to burn that image file onto the CD, and use CD with that image file when I need to restore the partition.

Nero (or any other CD stuff) is a CD burning program and cannot be used for HD cloning and such by itself.

Hope that helps.

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink: