logdirects181

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
this hdd has never been a problem before(3.5years)

computer restarted abruptly,now stuck at black screen post bios("_" sign blinking),in windows setupt at format screen only 1 partition of whole hdd space is being shown(i have six partitions),that means if i format,all my data will be gone
please help,don't care about money to save some very important data on disk..

following details may seem offtopic but thing happened quite weirdly:
i was just trying to make bootable usb(first time) of win xp with wintoflash software,to do that,i first mounted iso on my hdd to image drive(with daemon tools),then selected image drive as source in win to flash and before starting writing wintoflash said some two "errors" are gonna be there coz i didn't have full version,then it started writing,done 10% and going on,now simultaneously,i was downloading hp's bootable usb utility,it was downloaded and i opened it and windows showed me a few errors(don't remember exactly but something about can't read from something and click ok to terminate),after clicking ok few times,then kaspersky asked whether to scan usb drive(it had asked already),
and then pc suddenly restarted
after that i was stuck at the black screen after bios(just a _ sign blinking at top)
i installed this hdd on another pc and it was stuck there too,then on that pc with it's hdd with win7(simply connected in another sata port),and it only showed my C: (windows') partition of 59GB(correct size of C:)
i have 6 partitions
then in my pc,started win 7 setup(DVD),and at select and format etc. stage,it's showing only 1 partition named disk0partition1 of 233GB(250GB hdd but it has always been 233GB only)

logdirects181

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010

as far as i know,isn't repair install available by running windows dvd like any other dvd by being in windows itself?how to do that if the windows doesn't start
although i tried booting from dvd and choosing upgrade instead of custom,but it also gave me the message to first run windows and then do it
and then i tried startup repair and then it started but after loading windows,its stuck at a window showing setting up web "something" customization,waited 20 mins,have phenom II X4
lots of important documents feel so stupid didn't back up

logdirects181

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Can you browse freely through the remaining partition when the disk is installed in another computer, open files, etc? No unusual sound, clicks, etc, from the disk? If no, most likely your disk is failed, and you need a professional data recovery, if yes, most likely you may recover the files yourself. Try to use Restorer Ultimate. You may read on how to do that in its on-line help: File Recovery, your case is Recover files from deleted/corrupted logical disk or partition.

yes you are right man,now when i tried to notice there is a little rattling sound coming from hdd,but i can access all the data from the partition shown
now i'm trying the kind of softwares you suggested,if it works then thanks a lot in advance

and can now i also conclude that when sound starts coming from hdd,it's about to die?

logdirects181

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Can you browse freely through the remaining partition when the disk is installed in another computer, open files, etc? No unusual sound, clicks, etc, from the disk? If no, most likely your disk is failed, and you need a professional data recovery, if yes, most likely you may recover the files yourself. Try to use Restorer Ultimate. You may read on how to do that in its on-line help: File Recovery, your case is Recover files from deleted/corrupted logical disk or partition.
thanks again problem solved,recovered data with easeus data recovery software