HDD Got formatted by accident

Hanky99

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Hello. I just formatted my old 128gb ssd that I had lying around. I plugged the ssd to my 1 TB Hard drives (That is secondary drive) sata port to do a format through disk management. After that I shut down my PC, unplugged my formatted ssd, plugged the HDD back in and booted. Then I realized for some odd reason my 1 tb hard drive is all empty. How can the pc format a drive that has not been connected whilst formatting an other drive? Is my files still recoverable? Need an answer asap!

Best regards, Hank

Solution
I think Windows is just confused.
Check: Start>Windows System>Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools, Create and Format HDD partitions, your 'dead' HDD should be shown there, it's probably not mounted, right click on its box then 'assign drive letter and path' and give it a drive letter-if it's the primary HDD, assign it 'C' if its a storage drive 'D'.
I think Windows is just confused.
Check: Start>Windows System>Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools, Create and Format HDD partitions, your 'dead' HDD should be shown there, it's probably not mounted, right click on its box then 'assign drive letter and path' and give it a drive letter-if it's the primary HDD, assign it 'C' if its a storage drive 'D'.

Solution