Question HDD problem in Games

Mista Krank

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 23, 2020
Hello, I have a Toshiba DT01aca100 7200 rpm HDD and I have windows installed on it. I didn't know the difference between an SSD and an HDD when I got a pc. I have an External SSD and I be having these random fps drops. My Cpu and my GPU is perfectly ok. I have task manager open on my other monitor when I play games. I see that my HDD is spiking rapidly. My SSD (All my games are on there) is still at 0 while my hdd is spiking. Also the game that I am playing is using the HDD instead of the SSD in task manager for some reason. Can someone help me out with this because I am just completely lost. Will getting an SSD and putting installing windows on it Fix the problem?

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
@MisterBumBee
go to task manager, performance tab, at the bottom there's Open Resource Monitor.

Then there's CPU, Disk, Network. Under disk, see what makes your hdd busy. play around with write/read. see what's putting burden on your hdd.

Mista Krank

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 23, 2020
@MisterBumBee
go to task manager, performance tab, at the bottom there's Open Resource Monitor.

Then there's CPU, Disk, Network. Under disk, see what makes your hdd busy. play around with write/read. see what's putting burden on your hdd.
Its the System process and The Registry. Also I am playing Mortal Kombat 11 and the game is using the HDD when its installed on my SSD

TRENDING THREADS