Question HDDs failing one by one?

bicsimo7

Honorable
Mar 25, 2018
Hello everyone! So I have been dealing with this problem from several days now. One of my HDD was beeping (clicking?) so I just assumed it was too old and started to fail, so I bought a new one which seemed to work fine for about 1 day. After that it started to beep like my old HDD. I have checked the health status and it was 100% (which was also 100% on the old drive). I've tried changing SATA cables, power cables, but it doesn't seem to work. What are your thoughts on this? Could it be my PSU failing? Thanks!

PC Specs:

CPU:
Intel Core i7-3770

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 950

MB: ASRock H61M-DGS

RAM: 4+2 GB GOODRAM (Wilk Electronic) DDR3

PSU: Delux ATX-400W P4 (I took it from an old pc around October, because my older PSU failed)

SSD: Gigabyte UD Pro 256GB (perfectly working)

HDDs: WD Blue 2TB (< the new "failing" drive), Hitachi 250GB (perfectly working), Seagate Barracuda 2TB (the old failing drive). All drives are at around 50% used, except the Hitachi one, which has 50 GB left.

The system is used for gaming, content creation (music and video production).

EDIT: Hitachi disk also started beeping and windows doesn't recognize it.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condtion (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy gaming use?

When the cables were swapped were known working cables used? Power cables: were power cables from any other modular PSU used?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?