[SOLVED] HDDscan crashing

darebt123

Commendable
Jan 12, 2019
I have ordered a 1 TB SSD from Aliexpress, it was really cheap on sale, though seemed like a reliable one, it did have a lot of good reviews.
Anyways, I installed the SSD in the pc, installed the windows on it, and I have been using it without a problem for 3 weeks now. The ssd benchmarks all seemed fine.
The first problem came when my pc started lagging randomly, even with mouse movement. I restarted it, and i started repairing the windows drive. 2 days after that i download the HDDscan app, I did the butterfly test and it went fine, though the READ test seemed to have stopped at 27%, the grid fills with bad blocks and windows would crash with bluescreen.
I've done dskchk from CMD, I've done the RAM memory test as well, they are all good.
Is there any way to see if the drive is alright? Is HDDscan reliable?

View: https://imgur.com/a/tyGmfRM

Solution
In your CrystalDiskInfo, all of those values being exactly the same does not bode well.

That means that the drive controller is not passing any real values, and so you have no idea of the actual state of the drive.

There is often a reason why things are cheap like this.
Because they actually do suck.

Just because it says "SSD", and comes in the same size case as a Samsung or Crucial...does not mean it is actually worth buying. At any price.
$70(?) for this vs $105 for a Crucial MX500? No contest.

darebt123

Commendable
Jan 12, 2019
I would say to install and run the manufacturers diagnostic tool. But I'm assuming that does not exist.
Yeah... I was looking for the same thing. I realized that every decent SSD manufacturer has it's own utility tools, but nothing for this one.
Here's a picture from CrystalDiskInfo, I've mended it in paint so I wouldn't post 3 pictures.
Don't mind drive E: , it's jut my HDD deciding to die as well
View: https://imgur.com/a/dKngYKi

darebt123

Commendable
Jan 12, 2019
Amazing.. Believe me, if those 100 bucks weren't a big deal, I would've gotten a Samsung... But for my standards even the 70$ I've payed are a lot.
Anyways is there a way to see if the drive is alright at all, like completely test it, except for HDDscan that crashes, before I open a dispute and try to get my money back?

USAFRet

Titan
In your CrystalDiskInfo, all of those values being exactly the same does not bode well.

That means that the drive controller is not passing any real values, and so you have no idea of the actual state of the drive.

There is often a reason why things are cheap like this.
Because they actually do suck.

Just because it says "SSD", and comes in the same size case as a Samsung or Crucial...does not mean it is actually worth buying. At any price.
$70(?) for this vs $105 for a Crucial MX500? No contest.

Solution

darebt123

Commendable
Jan 12, 2019
Yeah I agree with you, I'd post my explanation and try to get a refund, probably ship it back, and maybe pay extra to get the samsung 860. We don't have Crucial in my country, nor does any site ship it internationally.
Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate it.
Have a good one!