HDMI 2.0 Switch

tom_spinach

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
Hi there,

I use two displays, a 4k @60hz TV and a Full HD Display. But everytime I have to get on me knee to swap the cables. I don't want to use both Display at once. I just would like to have a device to switch the output source, without unplugging cables. I only can find Switches and splitters. But if I use a splitter I would need to unplug the Full HD display to let the 4k TV get the 4k signal and the switches are always with multiple inputs and one output. Do you know of a device that would match me expectations?

Solution
If you leave the monitor plugged in and use the GPU's control panel to "deselect" (or otherwise "disconnect" the monitor) does the 4k still get the HD resolution?

Sorry about the pricing per se: However, if that product meets your needs then at least the technical requirements have been established.

The 4k part is the reason for the high $ I think.....

Ralston18

Titan
Understand that you have two "output" sources to switch between and that one source or the other will be sent to one monitor or the other but only one pairing at a time.

Look for HDMI Matrix switches. May need a gender changer or two as well depending on your cables and the ports involved.

tom_spinach

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
I am sorry for confusion, No, I have one output from me graphics card, and I got a PC Monitor and a 4k TV. So if I am using the PC to work on it, I use the Full HD PC Monitor. But if I want to watch a movie on me 4k TV , I got two swap the cables. Well, it is not very funny to crawl on the ground to switch cables on me GPU. So I am looking for a device where I can connect both screen with the option to chose where the output goes. The problem is that I have two different resolution, so I can not use a splitter without unplugging one of the screen, which does not solve me problem.

Ralston18

Titan
A matrix switch would still work. You would just switch the "one output" to a different monitor. Just need a switch that truly accomodates 4k.

Or this:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Ultra-Powered-Splitter-Model/dp/B00J4D3RTU

It is a splitter, yes. But both monitors are connected and you just turn off the monitor not being watched - which you probably already do when you do the cable switch.

Really no need to unplug the HDMI cable as I understand it.

You also still have the option of changing to a two port GPU card. Then select which port (and thus monitor) to use via the GPU's control panel.

I am a bit more concerned about identifying a product that truly supports 4k versus some" marketing speak" that just makes it seem that way.

tom_spinach

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
If the monitor is only turned off, the GPU normally still recognize the monitor and its resolution. So the 4k still gets the HD resolution. Thank you a lot for the links, but the first one does not support 4k. The second would, but this device costs 3000 bucks. Pretty too much for my requirements.

Ralston18

Titan
If you leave the monitor plugged in and use the GPU's control panel to "deselect" (or otherwise "disconnect" the monitor) does the 4k still get the HD resolution?

Sorry about the pricing per se: However, if that product meets your needs then at least the technical requirements have been established.

The 4k part is the reason for the high $ I think.....

Solution