[SOLVED] HDMI and 1440p 144mhz

markfresh

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
Hi i have a vega 56 , i cant get 3 monitors to work on either 3 display port, or 1 DP and 2 HDMI , i can only get 1 DP and 1 hdmi to work at the same time.
I just rang the store i bought it off and they said to try HDMI on my 1440 p and DP on my 2 1080 p monitors.
Does HDMI support 144 mhz if it doesnt theres no point and also i don't think HDMI supports free sync. monitor is https://www.pccasegear.com/products...VmoRwCh3lTwL0EAQYAiABEgLZnPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds so its hdmi 2.0
So i have a GPU with 3 x DP and 3 x HDMI and cant even get 3 monitors to work.
Any help
Thanks Mark

Edit : i can get all 3 to light up but they dont show up in display settings and cant detect them , and windows spreads over the 3 monitors on a weird way eg , the right hand side of the taskbar moves from main display to another monitor with a white screen, and amd software detects them but when i click on arrange displays it just takes me to the windows settings page.

Last edited:

markfresh

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
Hi, i tried it on the 1440p and the others on hdmie and dp and still the same problem , the 2 monitors disapear from display settings and also it changes the resolution to like 5k and the second highest resolution is 1080 not 1440, this is weird , $600 gpu with 6 ports and cant use 3 monitors
Im really hoping this is a windows problem but i cant find a solution

Last edited:

markfresh

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
In amd settings i can selct identify and it shows the numbers on each monitor, so i have all monitors on , they all display part of the the same webpage spread over all 3 , so if this is the case im sure im missing something simple

Have you done a CLEAN install of the AMD drivers?

Solution

markfresh

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
I did this when i changed from nvidia to amd the other day I can give it another try if that doesnt work would a older version of drivers be worth a shot?
Also just to double check , ive read that windows wont allow 2 of the same type of cable , since vega 56 has only DP and hdmi if this is true is it even possible to run 3 monitors on that card?

Last edited:

markfresh

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
I managed after another clean install ( i used AMD's clean uninstall instead of DDU) and it works , all 3 monitors all display port :)
Also sorry im not sure how i selected my reply as best answer , it was not intentional .
It looks like ive read Mark your thread as solved by clicking the trophy button , and selected trophy on mine not anothers post.