HDMI "Input not Supported"

Nov 11, 2018
Hello, I recently rolled back my windows 10, when I turn it on my monitor displays "input not supported" and after a minute or so the pc itself just turns off, I've only had this pc for 4 months the model is a Dell i5675-A933BLU-PUS Inspiron 5675.

Why did you have to do the roll back with Windows 10? Does the computer actually turn off or just blank out the screen? You said HDMI input not supported, sounds like you are using an external screen, does the system work fine without it connected? Since it's new, did you contact Dell support?

Nov 11, 2018

I rolled back windows 10 because I felt like my pc was slower, and to answer your question, when I turn on the desktop my monitor displays nothing (not even a windows prompt to tell me it's working) but a black box with "Input not Supported" and after a minute it turns off. Dell support says it's a OS problem not a hardware problem.

Do you see the BIOS screen, does anything come up when you turn on the system? Can you hit F8 to get into the boot options? Try different connection types on the video card. I thought this was a laptop model not a desktop at first, they use the Inspiron name on their laptops as well. If there is nothing on the screen at all when you turn on the system, there is something aside from an operating system issue there, the BIOS screen does not have anything to do with the Windows setup.

Nov 11, 2018

I can't get in into bios, nor do I have an extra gpu.