[SOLVED] HDMI no DPMS (auto power save)

Zisisv

Honorable
May 18, 2015
Hello

I recently got for free an old samsung P2470LHD monitor tv. My intention was to use it as a second monitor so I decided to connect it to card's dvi port using a dvi to hdmi cable and pluged it to hdmi/dvi in port. It actually works alright (the first monitor is connected via card's hdmi port). However when windows sends standby signal it stays on showing "no signal" message. I tried connecting it via d-sub port using a dvi to d-sub adapter on g. cardand an rgb cable and dpms works perfectly. The monitor goes standby and the status light blinks. When I move the mouse the monitor wakes up normally.
Using normal hdmi to hdmi connection dpms doesn't work too.
After some research I found out that there is a P2470HD "sister" model that has a normal dvi port and an hdmi port (instead of two hdmi/dvi in ports) in which dvi dpms feature works.
Is there any difference between hdmi and dvi port dpms signals? The two models look identical (they actually share the same user manual). Is it possible that the monitor does not support dpms with hdmi?

Thanks in advance

Notes: 1) No energy saving function in osd
  1. In the other monitor dpms works both with dvi and hdmi (same cables)
  2. In source name hdmi port is set to "DVI PC"
  3. Monitor has Energy Star approval

Solution
hi, any TV when used with hdmi does not support dpms, they use cec, which pc graphic cards doesnt support, so u may need custom controller to send cec signal to tv hdmi or some ir blaster emulating power off from remote controller