[SOLVED] HDMI plugged into gpu still uses integrated graphics.

Aug 27, 2020
Currently the computer boots up to windows perfectly but the hdmi cable is plugged into the gpu but it feels very laggy and when i check on task manager it shows up as intels graphics. Currently have a i7 7700 and a GTX 1060 3gb. So if anyone could help i would much appreciate it.

Solution
Currently the computer boots up to windows perfectly but the hdmi cable is plugged into the gpu but it feels very laggy and when i check on task manager it shows up as intels graphics. Currently have a i7 7700 and a GTX 1060 3gb. So if anyone could help i would much appreciate it.

Have you actually installed the GTX 1060 drivers?
There's no way your computer is using integrated graphics if the monitor is plugged into the video output ports of the GTX 1060.

The iGPU shows up probably because the driver is installed for it.

Have you actually installed the GTX 1060 drivers?
There's no way your computer is using integrated graphics if the monitor is plugged into the video output ports of the GTX 1060.

The iGPU shows up probably because the driver is installed for it.

Solution