[SOLVED] HDMI port doesn't output to external monitor

windranger

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
I want to output video to an external monitor from my PC, through the HDMI port. However it doesn't work...

I checked with other cable and other monitor but same situation. On the other hand, I can output to same monitors from other two computers, so the monitors and the cables are not the problem.

These are the specs of my system:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
Motherboard Fujitsu FJNB04F
Memory DDR3 16Gb

I remember I used the HDMI port once, but it was long ago, and before installing W10 (it was W7).

I can't see ant HDMI port in Device Manager, including under Display adapters. Still, as far as I know the HDMI port doesn't need a special driver, if I'm not wrong.

The port is not broken, I checked it, almost never used, I never smashed the PC in any way so no mechanical shocks. Where should I look..?

Any hints appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
First of all, make sure you've got the latest BIOS update for your prebuilt then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall the GPU drivers with the latest off of Intel's support site. You might also want to see if rebooting the laptop changes your experience while the laptop is connected to the external display.

windranger

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
The computer is kind of hybrid between laptop and desktop. This is the closest similar model I could find:
https://www.fmworld.net/fmv/pcpm1105/fh_23/spec

Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Model : Intel(R) HD Grap Processor: Intel(R) HD

Initially it came with Windows 7 installed.
After a few years I installed W10.
But now I could see that Intel's HD Graphics 3000 drivers don't support W10 !!
Nevertheless, I have the drivers installed, as seen in Device Manager under Display adapters:
https://prnt.sc/radsu8

So hardware-wise there is no issue. But maybe this driver is the culprit...?
Then how can I solve the issue?