Question Hdmi to DVI @ 120hz

Secre7Agen7X9

Reputable
Feb 11, 2017
Hello! I recently bought a GTX1660 and all the display ports are Hdmi.
My monitor Acer GD235HZ is 120hz refresh rate but only on the DVi port. The Hdmi port is only 60hz.
Is there a HDMI to DVi @12Ohz? Please help! I would like my refresh rate back.

Last edited:
Is there a HDMI to VGA @12Ohz? Please help! I would like my refresh rate back.
What other video inputs does your monitor have?
Does it have DVI input? Can you show a photo of available video inputs on your monitor? (upload to imgur.com and post link)

What is manufacturer/model name of your GTX1660 ? Are you sure, it has only HDMI outputs? Can you show a photo of available video outputs on your card?

VGA input on monitor is highly unlikely to support 120Hz mode. Usually DVI (dual link) and Display Port support high refresh modes.

Reactions: Corwin65

Secre7Agen7X9

Reputable
Feb 11, 2017
What other video inputs does your monitor have?
Does it have DVI input? Can you show a photo of available video inputs on your monitor? (upload to imgur.com and post link)

What is manufacturer/model name of your GTX1660 ? Are you sure, it has only HDMI outputs? Can you show a photo of available video outputs on your card?

VGA input on monitor is highly unlikely to support 120Hz mode. Usually DVI (dual link) and Display Port support high refresh modes.
Yes my bad its DVI. And no my MSI GTX 1660 Has 4 HDMI ports only. I dont know who thought that was a good idea but i hope they no longer work there.

Yes my bad its DVI. And no my MSI GTX 1660 Has 4 HDMI ports only.
Which model MSI GTX 1660 ? There are 14 different models.
It should have single HDMI output and 3 DisplayPort outputs.

You can use Display Port to DVI dual link adapter. But those things are expensive.

dp2dvid2.main.jpg

https://www.startech.com/en-eu/audio-video-products/dp2dvid2

Last edited: