skipper8472

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Hi all. Ive had my PC for 4 months now but i have never been able to get a display from the HDMI to HDMI from the graphic card to TV. DVI to HDMI is fine and works as should. I have my DVI to HDMI in my top port of my MSI GTX 670 card and the HDMI i my HDMI 1 in the back of my TV. This morning i put the HDMI to HDMI in at the same time of the DVI to HDMI and put the HDMI to HDMI lead into the HDMI 2 port in the back of my TV and it connected. How ever i changed to HDMI 2 on my TV and there is still no signal but when i go back t HDMI 1 where the DVI to HDMI is its ok. I go into screen reoultion on the desktop and i think the graphic card think i have 2 tvwhen i dont. I have also tried starting the PC with just the HDMI to HDMI and just a blank screen and no display.

My PC is.

Mobo:z77x-ud3h
RAM: 8GB
Graphic card: MSI GTX 670
On bord sound
Windows 7 64bi home

Thanks for any advice.

G

AFAIK that card supports four displays, so all ports ought to work at the same time. it seems the card isn't sensing a cable is plugged into the hdmi port. try disconnecting and connectioning the plug a few times and "gently" wiggle it. also i doubt its a problem but just blow out the port so no dust is in it.

skipper8472

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Hi. No i have 1 display which is my TV. At the moment i have the DVI to HDMI in the top por dvi in my Graphic card and the HDMI in port 1 in my TV. This is the only thing i have in normaly. When i first got the PC i tried HDMI to HDMI only and no signal was been displayed on my TV so i took the HDMI to HDMI out and then tried te DVI to HDMI and it worked. Ive been having this problem since. The other day i decided just to try usig both at the sametime. Puting the DVI to HDMI into the top DVI port in the graphics as normal and then for the lol try the HDMI to HDMI at the same time and it worked but i think the Graphic card or the TV thinks its 2 display as in the controll panal when i click resolution on my desk top it says TV 1 and TV 2. But i can neverget a picture usin HDMI to HDMI if using just HDMI to HDMI.

I also tried sing the the bottom DVI to HDMI and that works just using this but if i put the HDMI to HDMI in at the same time there is no picture like using the top DVI to HDMI. So now at this time im jut using a DVI to HDMI in the to DVI port on my Card.

Its no biggy but just wondering why the HDMI to HDMI not working when using it on its own. I have also set in my bios the init display first to PEGand no different. Is there any other settings in the bios i should try?.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS