[SOLVED] Hdmi to Vga Adapter not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGpOj

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
i have an old acer screen whith only one display input (vga), i tried using it by getting a hdmi to vga but its not working.
i bought another hdmi to vga adapter and still not working.
i tried changing the resolution, restarting my pc with that screen plugged, i litteraly tried everything at least 3 times and still "no signal"
( I tried booting my PC on safe mode low resolution but it doesn't help )
my graphics card : GTX 1650 Eagle D6 OC

Solution
Seems your GTX 1650 does not recognize connected monitor through (something)->VGA adapter then. If GPU card is functional at all. By the way GTX 1650 have also DisplayPort and DVI-D outputs. You can borrow appropriate adapters and try them to learn about which output works.

kanewolf

Titan
i have an old acer screen whith only one display input (vga), i tried using it by getting a hdmi to vga but its not working.
i bought another hdmi to vga adapter and still not working.
i tried changing the resolution, restarting my pc with that screen plugged, i litteraly tried everything at least 3 times and still "no signal"
( I tried booting my PC on safe mode low resolution but it doesn't help )
my graphics card : GTX 1650 Eagle D6 OC
Can you post a link to the devices you have tried ?

By the way monitor itself is working? Are it is possible to turn it on and get picture over VGA cable from other computer with VGA output.

Unfortunately VGA is a dead interface standard.

More like undead :) Still a lot of monitors with only VGA input or VGA as second input around. Also several my work computer still use VGA for second monitor connection. Including second monitor in my home. So very undead standard. Apparently it will die out together with old hardware. But not in this decade, I guess.

xGpOj

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
Without more info, like a link it is very difficult to help you.
There are lots of junk adapters sold.
Unfortunately VGA is a dead interface standard. You can try to find an adapter that works or just replace that monitor.
i've just tested my adapter on another device and it works fine on my vga screen. so the problem is maybe in my pc or idk

xGpOj

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
can you post the model name and number so we can look it up? without this info, there is little we can offer as true help. might be the adapter, might be something else. no way to know without knowing all the parts involved.
useless to even give u a link my adapter works fine on other output devices. maybe i have to change some settings on my pc

Seems your GTX 1650 does not recognize connected monitor through (something)->VGA adapter then. If GPU card is functional at all. By the way GTX 1650 have also DisplayPort and DVI-D outputs. You can borrow appropriate adapters and try them to learn about which output works.

Reactions: xGpOj
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.