Headet- Not sure if right area...

KanagiF

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
so I Stream a lot, and for the longest time my headset has been fine. However, it has this REALLY bad issue where sounds AROUND me are louder than I. If I do "Listen to this device" etc etc, if I open a can 4 feet away it sounds like a shotgun. Someone can hear my water boiling in the kitchen etc etc. Quality of my voice is nice, but I need something that cuts out outside noise. Wondering about any suggestions? Prefer cheaper as I know they quickly go to $100 for Naga's and what-not.

On a side-note, is there any headsets with a "What U Hear" or "Stereo Mix" in it? I have a PITA time streaming Vent and my headset.

sounds to me like you got a directional mic with the gain turned all the way up. I haven't used vent in a while, or I'm not sure what you're streaming with but typically you can set a filter to drawn out the background noises. My concern is if your mic actually picking up far away sounds with higher intensity then you most likely need something like a band pass filter, which I doubt many programs offer.

I'm not an expert on headsets but, Tom's Hardware had a review not that long ago on headsets, plus it got a lot of comments. So, go to articles link at the top of this page and go back a few pages, I"m sure you'll find it eventually.

If you require better control over your sound recording/playback besides the microphone hardware I'd recommend getting a dedicated sound board.