Question Headphone is not detected (after multiple times)

oudmaster

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2013
Good Day,

I have a cable headphone, it works fine on Windows 10, but when I disconnect and connect it multiple times, it does not work,

When I restart Windows 10, it works.

How to solve this issue?

Headphone mode: philips balanced sound headphone SHS390

480462-03.jpg-1200Wx1200H

Thanks,

Lutfij

Titan
but when I disconnect and connect it multiple times
Why would you need to do that?

You might want to start by mentioning what version(not edition) of Windows 10 you're on. If you're working with the audio chip that's bundled on your motherboard, mention the make and model of said motherboard as well as the BIOS version on said motherboard at the time of writing. Following that, please mention how you're tethering the headphone to your system(from panel or rear I/O)?

Jan 9, 2021
Good Day,

I have a cable headphone, it works fine on Windows 10, but when I disconnect and connect it multiple times, it does not work,

When I restart Windows 10, it works.

How to solve this issue?

Headphone mode: philips balanced sound headphone SHS390

480462-03.jpg-1200Wx1200H

Thanks,

I don't know what type of computer you're using, but here goes.

I literally was having the same problem just now! and fixed it 15 minutes ago.

When restarting my Dell 5502 Laptop (with headphones attached) it would boot up showing "headphones" as connected (clicking on speaker icon in system tray), and the headphones worked.
However, if I disconnected the headphones, then re-connected them, the laptop would not detect the headphone jack.

The problem was, yesterday, when trying to reduce the number of useless start up items, I went into TASK MANAGER, went to START UP tab, and disabled WAVES MAXXAUDIO SERVICE APPLICATION.

That's was the problem.

Once I "re-enabled" that service, the laptop will now recognize the headphone jack when I plug it in. (I think I had to reboot afterward).

Maybe, just maybe, you have something similar in your startup menu. Some audio service which is disabled.

I just figured this out 15 minutes ago. Hope it works for you. who knows.

Last edited:

oudmaster

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2013
Thanks Fred Wax Bean Lasagna,

My Laptop run Windows 10
Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
System Model Latitude 5510 Dell Latptop

My issue is exactly as per your description.
I also found the service and will give it a try if the issue happens again.

Thanks,