[SOLVED] Headphone problems

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
I have a set of Patriot Viper V360 and got them about 18 months ago. The right speaker is losing its sound at random and it comes back after i fiddle a bit with the volume wheel. When it works, the sound and volume are fine but the constant loss of sound is getting annoying. Is there some way to fix that without having to dig out the receipt and see if it still has a warranty? If it can't be fixed what headset would you suggest? Preferably something that doesn't have the pads covered in cheap nylon that will start peeling off after a week

Solution
Sounds like poor contacts inside, if you want to take it apart, clean everything off and re-connect the ends you can try that. Corsiar HS60 is a good one to try out in the $50 range. For a bit more I like the CoolerMaster MH751 that is under $100.
Sounds like poor contacts inside, if you want to take it apart, clean everything off and re-connect the ends you can try that. Corsiar HS60 is a good one to try out in the $50 range. For a bit more I like the CoolerMaster MH751 that is under $100.

Solution

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
I took them apart and had a look inside but the wires in there were so thin that i decided not to try anything and make it worse. I'll have a look at the Corsair model, i have friends who say that Corsair makes the best peripherals but i didn't have a chance to try them yet

I took them apart and had a look inside but the wires in there were so thin that i decided not to try anything and make it worse. I'll have a look at the Corsair model, i have friends who say that Corsair makes the best peripherals but i didn't have a chance to try them yet

Maybe not the best but Corsiar is consistent for what they do make and I have not run across anything really bad from them. In the $50 range that HS60 is as good as anything, for $100+ I would go with something else though.

TRENDING THREADS