Headphones + Ethernet disconnecting

Sep 5, 2018
Headphone jack and ethernet jack are suddenly disconnecting s. I originally thought my headphones were just dying, suddenly the bass would go out unless I moved the cord in a specific spot. But recently my ethernet connection would suddenly disconnect and reconnect (The lights on the cable flash for rough 5 seconds on, then 3 seconds off, and if I jiggle the cable, it varies). All my drivers are up to date. Could this just be a coincidence that possibly my ethernet cable and my headphone cable are dying at the same time? Or maybe a motherboard/PSU issue?

I've been using all the parts in this computer for roughly a year without any issues.
I've tried unplugging both ends, making sure there's nothing broken/out of place.

My wifi is consistent. The path for internet is ISP -> Coax -> Router -> Ethernet -> PC

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Solution
When posting a troubleshooting thread, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To that, have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? How old is your PSU? You may want to inspect the ehternet port for any signs of dust/debris while you can do the same for your innards.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a troubleshooting thread, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To that, have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? How old is your PSU? You may want to inspect the ehternet port for any signs of dust/debris while you can do the same for your innards.

Solution