[SOLVED] Headphones not playing right stero

Nov 28, 2019
Hi, recently my headphones broke and I bought a pair of headphones (JBL Live 650btnc) and when I am playing games like csgo, rainbow six siege etc it doesn't have left and right stereo and combines it into one channel. I have done research and I can't seem to find anything to fix it, some people said mono audio can be a big part but I turned it off in my settings and it was never the issue.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWJaFD6R2s&t=39s
videos like this, the left stereo works but not the right and it can become quite annoying when I am playing. I was thinking it could be the cable I am using. The cable I am using is a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable between my headphones to my computer. When I use Bluetooth on these headphones, it works fine and correctly distinguishes the right and left stereo without combining it.

I am hoping someone could help me with this as it could save me $100 as I won't need to buy another pair of headphones.

Thankyou,

Solution
The cable could be defective. 2.5 and 3.5 cables are not the highest quality things around. A new 2.5 to 3.5 cable will be at most 5 or 6 dollars.

If you have access to a multimeter you can test the cable for continuity to see if it is working.
Nov 28, 2019
Forgot to add: When I go onto my laptop and I use the cable, it does the same thing on my pc, but when I use bluetooth on my laptop it is fine. So if it is a cable problem, could someone potentially give me an idea of what sort of cable I would need to fix it.

TRENDING THREADS