Question Headset microphone picks up desktop audio sounds

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Hello!
My headset microphone somehow catches up every desktop audio on windows 10,.
(Every app on windows 10 is like that. the mic hears the desktop audio voices like talking on discord or playing a video on Youtube. )

Last edited:

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
You can try and see if the option to listen to this device is enabled/disabled.
It's disabled, but that's something other than my problem.
Examples:
When I record a video with OBS and I start listening to a Song, I can see that both mic and desktop audio are picking up the song
I'm in a discord call. I play some music and the people in the call can hear what I'm listening to.

Last edited:

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
It's disabled, but that's something other than my problem.
Examples:
When I record a video with OBS and I start listening to a Song, I can see that both mic and desktop audio are "capturing" the song
I'm in a discord call. I play some music and the people in the call can hear what I'm listening to.
This is how it looks like when I'm listening to songs:
image.png

(This is everywhere, not just in OBS)

Last edited:

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
I've found a way to "fix" the problem, but for that, I have to plug in the headset mic somewhere else rather than the headset.
That's not the way I want it to be..

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Sorry for all these seemingly repetitive questions. But it does work if only one plug used at a time?
It doesn't matter how I plug in the headset, it does not work.

Doesn't work:
- The headset plugged into a Y cable plugged into the PC (Red and green jacks).
- The headset plugged into the PC (Headset and mic combined jack)
Does work:
- The headset plugged into the PC (Headset and mic combined jack or just the green jack) and the headset mic plugged out of the headset and plugged in to the red jack.
The problem with this is that if the mic is plugged into the red jack, then the mic is too far away from me.

Remember: The problem is still that the mic picks up the desktop audio.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how I plug in the headset, it does not work.

Doesn't work:
- The headset plugged into a Y cable plugged into the PC (Red and green jacks).
- The headset plugged into the PC (Headset and mic combined jack)
Does work:
- The headset plugged into the PC (Headset and mic combined jack or just the green jack) and the headset mic plugged out of the headset and plugged in to the red jack.
The problem with this is that if the mic is plugged into the red jack, then the mic is too far away from me.

Remember: The problem is still that the mic picks up the desktop audio.
Try a different headset.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
The problem is when you are using headphone's mic, sound conducts well in solid material, and more or less the sound will be transferred, it is not something to be solved easily.

I checked with my StellSeries Arctis 5 and it is not possible to get rid of Desktop sound, but yet possible to minimize by setting down the volume.

The solution is using a different mic.