Question Headset works only with jack ports

Jul 18, 2019
So i just bought a Gaming Headset for my laptop , The Headset have two 3.5 jack one for the mic and one for the sound and a USB port and the problem is my laptop has a single jack port and when i plug the USB port from the headset it doesn't work ,it works only if i use the jack wire so basically i can only use one option the mic or the sound .

i don't know if the problem is with my laptop or from headset .that's why i need your help pps .

Jul 18, 2019
Welcome to the forums!

What laptop and what gaming headset?

Are you sure you don't need to install additional drivers for the headset to work with USB?

There are cables/adapters with one jack to which you can connect both audio out (sound) and audio in (mic).

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Headset-head...8TS02XWB3TF&psc=1&refRID=RECHHJWT48TS02XWB3TF
Hi thank u , i have an ASUS laptop and a HAVIT H2168d Headset but i just bought the laptop too and it seems like it has an issue with audio so the reason why i bought the headset is that i was using earpods and when im playing with my friends they can hear my game audio and its annoying to my budies that they hear there footsteps through me so i asked one of my friends he said try and buy a USB headset so i did and i didn't know it had jack wires and besides that i tried everything nothing did fix my problem so im gonna try the adapter and see if it changes anything .