Question Headset's Mic is picking up certain things

eugeniojuluis

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Headset's Mic is picking up only the "Desktop's Audio/System's Audio/Youtube Audio" rather than my voice

Just bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger to replace my old headset(which it's mic worked perfectly fine btw) but when I used the stinger, the audio works fine but the mic doesn't "receive" my voice but the desktop's audio.

Been looking for alot of solutions all over nothing fixed it and this are the ones I've done so far:
  • unchecked "Listen to this Device" in the Sound Properties
  • Completely Uninstalled and Reinstalled Realtek Audio Manager
  • System Recovery
  • Putting the audio jacks either in the front or back outlets.
P.S. If you have this headset, you already know that when you swivel the mic upwards it automatically mutes the mic but for some reason for me, the mic is still "functioning".

Here's a sample vid: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I5Rnjz8hi1LGW6C_6FD3dSK5fozn15Mw

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to move your newly purchased headset to a donor system or a laptop and see if the headset exhibits the weird audio you spoke of. I'm assuming you've used the Y cable to break out both the audio and mic inputs to the headset...?

eugeniojuluis

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
You might want to move your newly purchased headset to a donor system or a laptop and see if the headset exhibits the weird audio you spoke of. I'm assuming you've used the Y cable to break out both the audio and mic inputs to the headset...?
Yup I used the Y cable, and the mic works for other computers which is good, but this sudden problem just happend by simply changing into a new headset lol. It's definitely a software problem but I've re-installed all audio drivers and it still persists. I'm using razer surround btw maybe its the culprit but my previous headset didn't have any problems from it.