Heart of the Swarm Sells 1.1 Million Copies in 48 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Heart of the Swarm managed to post the same sales numbers in two days what SimCity managed in two weeks.

Interesting stab at EA given that a) Blizzard has a history of launch problems too and b) they are entirely different games from entirely different genres.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]Soda-88[/nom]Finally I can enjoy playing Protoss without auto-losing to any competent Zergs out there![/citation]
"You Must Construct Additional Pylons!"

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
While I like all of the improvements, am I the only person who does not like the little green speech bubbles indicating who is talking during a cut scene?

colson79

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012
[citation][nom]Trmmo[/nom]'While it won't be another Diablo III'Let's hope not anyway.[/citation]

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I almost didn't buy Heart of the Swarm because of how D3 went but I took a chance and I like it so far.

[citation][nom]catfishtx[/nom]While I like all of the improvements, am I the only person who does not like the little green speech bubbles indicating who is talking during a cut scene?[/citation]

I agree, especially since you already see a portrait of the person speaking.

Anyhow, my biggest beef with the game thus far has been performance. I don't know what Blizzard did, but HotS runs like crap compared to the frame rates I got on WoL. i've had to turn my settings down about two notches to get similar performance, and even then big battles that used to run butter-smooth are now lagging.

uz13l

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
I've always loved the SC universe. I played/play D3 when enough friends want to get online, but I was sorely disappointed at launch and still now. I'm happy for all those that like it as is. But after seeing what they did to a beloved franchise and fighting with them with b.net account security I have sworn off EVER giving Bli$$ard money again. I will watch SC HotS cinematics on youtube and I won't need anything more.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Unfortunately for the first time I have to agree somewhat with those saying EA are not the only ones with launch problems, because Diablo 3's launch was the most insanely bad launch ive ever seen. It took days before I could even login, and a good deal of forum research to reduce the amount of game crashing I was experiencing. Even then it was a month or two before it got really steady and reliable.

That being said, I've only experienced that with one Blizzard title, and I buy pretty much all of them. I have only purchased a few EA games, and every time those have had huge gameplay bugs that seem impossible to miss, as if it were a beta. Every starcraft and warcraft title I've ever purchased has been rock-solid on release day.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
[citation][nom]torque79[/nom]Unfortunately for the first time I have to agree somewhat with those saying EA are not the only ones with launch problems, because Diablo 3's launch was the most insanely bad launch ive ever seen. It took days before I could even login, and a good deal of forum research to reduce the amount of game crashing I was experiencing. Even then it was a month or two before it got really steady and reliable.That being said, I've only experienced that with one Blizzard title, and I buy pretty much all of them. I have only purchased a few EA games, and every time those have had huge gameplay bugs that seem impossible to miss, as if it were a beta. Every starcraft and warcraft title I've ever purchased has been rock-solid on release day.[/citation]
I could login the second day from launch, it did some strange things like not loading the avatar on character selection but i could play single player fine.

In any case after a couple of hours i was bored of the whole thing. Learned my lesson.

kickmyjiminy

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
[citation][nom]Herr_Koos[/nom]I agree, especially since you already see a portrait of the person speaking.Anyhow, my biggest beef with the game thus far has been performance. I don't know what Blizzard did, but HotS runs like crap compared to the frame rates I got on WoL. i've had to turn my settings down about two notches to get similar performance, and even then big battles that used to run butter-smooth are now lagging.[/citation]

Totally agree on the performance. I haven't even bought the expansion yet, but the game bogs down, and I moved my settings to the lowest possible. I'm pretty sure they make you download the expansion whether you paid for it or not, they just don't enable it.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
yea, hopfully less buggy than D3, i had no problems with registering mine at launch or installing but had odd graphical problems like my characters had no gear on at all and clipping type issues. still was nto as bad as soime out there. SC2 looks fun but i am still waiting for protoss expantion, terrain and zerg campains did not appeal to me in the origional

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Thought long and hard after D3, whether or not I should risk my money, but WoL was fun, so I bought it. It's good, better than WoL. Too bad both WoL and HotS rape the story and characters, but gameplay is good. Blizzard has no idea how to make good stories anymore.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I too have noticed a little lag when there are a lot of characters on the screen. Sometimes I just hear the fans in my PC spool up, but a few times the game lagged to the point of being unplayable for a couple of seconds. This never happened in WOL.

[citation][nom]Dupontrocks11[/nom]If the North Koreans ever want to invade, now would be the time! I doubt South Korea would even notice![/citation]
Actually, they are still kidan splited between broodwar and SC2, thou sc2 seems more popular due to ads.
Buying Blizzard... not after sc2 WOL. Sry, not worth the money and especially not worth the time.

Done...
It was awesome!
If you haven't already, buy it, play it, you won't regret it.
(And that is just the single player campaign.)
Not a huge Zerg fan but still loved this expansion. I think it will win some expansion of the year awards!

tachybana

Distinguished
I think i'll stay away from this for a while. I specifically purchased a 8600 GTS to play SC2 on medium settings, when it was launched. Enjoyed the entire campaign on the first two difficulties. Two patches later, i can't even play skirmishes, Can't even load some of my saved games. My setting are literally on utra low. The characters look like legos. Blizzard! what the heck happened? Absolutely nothing has changed in my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.