Question Heat issue with a used GPU ?

May 21, 2024
I bought a used Gigabyte RTX 2060 recently. 3D mark timespy score was 5480,temp 89C...when its on 90+ load temp hit 88/87C everytime. I repasted it but no change...can anyone advise me what to do?

Lutfij

Titan
What sort of ambient room air temps do you have? As for your case, you might want to see if removing the front panel+aiming a fan at the case's front, to introduce ambient air to the build helps alleviate the temp issue.

As for your GPU, what thermal paste did you use to replace the one that came with the card? What did you use to remove the previous thermal paste?

May 21, 2024
What sort of ambient room air temps do you have? As for your case, you might want to see if removing the front panel+aiming a fan at the case's front, to introduce ambient air to the build helps alleviate the temp issue.

As for your GPU, what thermal paste did you use to replace the one that came with the card? What did you use to remove the previous thermal paste?
its summer in here so weather is hot..temp always above 38°C.. my room has good airflow.Then my casing front fan is aiming the card also..
I replaced it with Halnziye Hy 510 thermal paste..I used tissue paper to remove previous one

Lutfij

Titan
I replaced it with Halnziye Hy 510 thermal paste
I went looking;
Thermal conductivity > 1.93 W/m-k
You might want to understand why the higher priced thermal pastes cost a pretty penny since they actually are worth every penny you spend on it. Use high quality thermal paste and isopropyl alcohol to remove your thermal paste applications.

its summer in here so weather is hot..temp always above 38°C.. my room has good airflow.
Where is here ?

Last edited:

Latest posts