Heat Question for i5 4670k

Medicgarou

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
I built my system this weekend. I have an i5 4670k that has NOT been overclocked yet. Bitfenix ghost case with 4 fans running in push/pull, a gtx 760 and a CM 212 evo cooler. Going by the gpu tweak app that came with my GTX card its showing that under heavy load (Crysis 3, GW2 etc) my CPU temps are in the mid to high 60's. Should I be worried about this ? Is it possible the evo 212 is installed incorrectly ? I've read lots of info on the Haswell processors and find lots of different answers. I should mention that at idle or standard web usage etc its at a solid 32*.. any help would be appreciated.

Solution
No temps are ok, and that cooler is not like top of the line, haswell just gets a bit hotter thats all.

Those are nice temps really! i would GUARRANTEE almost a 90 deggrees if you would use stock lol.

Atleast my 4770k does that.

DragonChase

Honorable
May 22, 2013
No temps are ok, and that cooler is not like top of the line, haswell just gets a bit hotter thats all.

Those are nice temps really! i would GUARRANTEE almost a 90 deggrees if you would use stock lol.

Atleast my 4770k does that.

Solution

Medicgarou

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
I'm really embarrassed but have to admit. What I was looking at was my GPU temp and not CPU.. my eyes aren't quite as sharp as they were 20 years ago.. anyway, my actual temps after running Crysis 3 etc is actually closer to 36-38 degrees for the CPU and 70 for the GPU.

TRENDING THREADS