AnthonyD75

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Recently my heatsink/fan started to make a lot of noise and i'm trying to find a replacement. I have a LGA 775 motherboard, with a intel core 2 duo cpu. I need to replace the intel stock fan, but i'm not sure what size it is? (how can i measure this?)

Also there's another fan making noise that appears to be a heatsink & Fan that I need to replace but I have no idea what size/what actually to buy to replace it as well. here os a picture of them both:

http://i.imgur.com/l5uSV.jpg

just get a socket 775 (because its a core 2 duo) aftermarket HSF. it'll be better than the stock version. replace the thermal paste when you chnage it, clean it with medical alchohol or similar. Unless you are overclocking or really care about silence then cheap is ok.

Measure along the edge (to the hole centers) and you get a figure that is probably 40mm, thats what you want.

rajyohanson

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Yes if you have a good size case, get one with the ability to have 120mm fans on it, if you can get a push-pull going you are good to go. I have an old Thermalright eXtreme 120 with two Noctua 120mm fans making a push pull and I have had my 775 based CPUs OC'd to nice speeds on it.