Hell Froze Over, Part 1: DNF Has Gone Golden

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Bring back Dungeon Keeper 3 and Cyberstorm 3!!! Also, how about a new Crusader game? No Mercy is a good title that can be lifted off that scrapped multiplayer offshoot.

G

Vaporware that makes me the saddest to see never come to light -> Jumpgate Evolution

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]except we have diablo 3 coming this fall or early next year. starcraft ghost was officially canceled a few years back so episode 3 is the only real piece of vapor ware as of right now.[/citation]

yes but that is what they said about DNF once every few years

G

HL2:EP3 is overdue but I don't think it will be vaporware. I was hoping it would be out before Portal 2 or at the very least at the same time.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
The actual full game is slated to hit store shelves on June 14, 2011 here in the States and June 10, 2011 nationwide (go figure).

DailyTech say that it's the 10th for Europe, Japan and Australia, and the 14th for North America.

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
[citation][nom]Restatement3dOfTed[/nom]Starcraft: Ghost.What's confusing about that? It releases June 10 across the nation, and June 14 across the nation. Duh.[/citation]

Probably you can get it as a digital download at June 10 and physical copy at June 14.

[citation][nom]snyper666[/nom]Half Life 2: Episode 3 That's a no-brainer.[/citation]

Technically Episode 3 isn't vapor ware. It was just announced and no screenshots or anything has emerged.

But DNF not only had screen shots, it had videos and almost a demo. Then it never came.

Still I wants EP3. NOW!!!!!!!!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Restatement3dOfTed[/nom]Starcraft: Ghost.What's confusing about that? It releases June 10 across the nation, and June 14 across the nation. Duh.[/citation]
omg... can it be... YOU HAVE TWOOO THUMBS UP?!?! DID THEY FIX IT?!!

hemi7382

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
[citation][nom]13withinfinity[/nom]Freespace 3, imo. Best spacesim series, ever.[/citation]

I liked Duke Nukem 3D, and I will be buying Duke Nukem Forever when it comes out. HOWEVER, holy crap I wish Volition would stop making those stupid Red Faction games and make Freespace 3! That would be awesome! On another note when is the new Mechwarrior game supposed to come out?

G

the new CARMAGEDDON! (not the shitty tdm2000 kinda game) check carmageddon.com no joke. 7 days left.

episode3 and diablo3 would be nice. at least some beta for diablo3 in this year maybe?

mkrijt

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I bet DNF will be the new milking cow that will be milked until milk has been replaced by blood and the cow has died, rotted and returned to dust.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]mkrijt[/nom]I bet DNF will be the new milking cow that will be milked until milk has been replaced by blood and the cow has died, rotted and returned to dust.[/citation]
Like Final Fantasy ?

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]mkrijt[/nom]I bet DNF will be the new milking cow that will be milked until milk has been replaced by blood and the cow has died, rotted and returned to dust.[/citation]
Like Need For Speed?

G

"Fans can still join the club by purchasing Borderlands Game of the Year Edition on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC..."
I have Borderlands GOTY for PC and PS3. Does that mean I can has demo? If so...how?

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]antemon[/nom]what game can we bash as vaporware now?easyepisode 3[/citation]
Loved HL2 and still think it was the best straight forward FPS of all time. Rarely do I buy a game the first week it is released but Episode 3 will be one. As far as Duke Nukem, I am going to wait and read some reviews first.

Status
Not open for further replies.