Hell Froze Over, Part 1: DNF Has Gone Golden

Status
Not open for further replies.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Starcraft: Ghost.

[citation][nom]YardstickWHACK[/nom]"June 14, 2011 here in the States and June 10, 2011 nationwide"huh?[/citation]

What's confusing about that? It releases June 10 across the nation, and June 14 across the nation. Duh.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]Sweet. New vaporware bashing....Diablo 3[/citation]

except we have diablo 3 coming this fall or early next year.
[citation][nom]Restatement3dOfTed[/nom]Starcraft: Ghost.What's confusing about that? It releases June 10 across the nation, and June 14 across the nation. Duh.[/citation]

starcraft ghost was officially canceled a few years back

so episode 3 is the only real piece of vapor ware as of right now.

G

[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]IN YOUR FACE... George Broussard!!!Gear box did what you couldn't!!![/citation]

It wasn't that he couldn't, it was more of a financial thing.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
It is sort of amusing that to get a game out that was thought to be never coming and yet mentioned non-stop through all these years will be released and all it took was a new dev team. I wonder how the old guys at 3D realms truly feel about this.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Diablo 3 will come in time. Half Life Episode 3 hasn't been announced yet so it doesn't even count as vaporware. Starcraft: Ghost production was stopped so I guess that doesn't count either?

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
More than a bit of hype in Pitchford's statements, but I guess he's entitled after birthing the unbirthable. I'm in that First Access Club (ty Borderlands GOTY) so I'll get me chance to try out the Duke early. Should be a kick...

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]starcraft ghost was officially canceled a few years back so episode 3 is the only real piece of vapor ware as of right now.[/citation]

Was it? I know a lot of media sites (Gamespot, IGN, etc.) list it as cancelled, but I was under the impression that Blizzard still categorized it as "indefinitely postponed" or on "indefinite hold," without officially cancelling the project.

The actual full game is slated to hit store shelves on June 14, 2011 here in the States and June 10, 2011 nationwide (go figure).

A. Both statements means that duke will be released in the USA on both mentioned dates... wtf.

B. I assume by nationwide, you actually meant worldwide. In which case, Duke is coming out everywhere but the USA 4 days in advance? Does that mean as a Canadian when I prepurchase Duke on Steam, I will get it 4 days before those in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.